Sunday, May 11, 2008

a Tea Party From Afar

Please join me for a little tea party that is the result of a tea weekend. What a tea weekend? Yes, both Saturday and Sunday brought me tea goodies so my little friend, Cutter and I decided to throw an impromptu tea party and you all are invited. How did this come to be? Well.....




My daughter sent me a Mothers Day gift straight from the Goodwill in Port St. Lucie Florida, I am so proud that she has picked up on my shopping expertise.






Six Tiny teacups!!! THANK YOU KAITLIN!


So I made a pot of Ranunculas Tea in the chicken wire teapot that I found at a sale on Saturday. The lady that checked me out asked "what is that thing for?" I told her I had no idea but it would come to life when it was time, little did I know it would be so SOON!




Now I have a problem, my co-host has ducked out on me. Oh where, Oh where are you Cutter? Oops I forgot he doesn't like his picture taken-I don't think he liked me sneaking this shot but I SOOOOOOOOO wanted him to join us.


To try to coax him to the party so I set the tea table and poured the Ranunculas tea hoping the wonderful aroma would be irresistible.






Finally a little bird told me that he wasn't going to join us.





So the tea party went to him.







Thanks for joining us. Cutter thinks he might throw another party-I will let you know if and when , hopefully he will show up.

Enjoy Your Day!

Kelley

9 comments:

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Kelley, how totally fun was this post! I think next time if you serve dog biscuits, or little ham sandwiches, Cutter will show up.:)
xo Lidy

Jen Glover said...

I love tea parties! I just had a Baby shower Tea Party, and last year I threw my sister a Bridal Shower Tea Party. (yes, I use any excuse!) *giggle* Did I tell you that I have a terrier too? A Westie! They should get together and play! Have a great week Cutie!

Pam Mattick Art and Stuff said...

Just lost my entire comment to you. I loved your post. I also have a terrier. Cairn that looks like Toto. Just like Toto.
I enjoyed every minute of your post. Great idea!!!!
Blessings,
Pam

Pam Mattick Art and Stuff said...

I'm hosting an "I Live In My Own Little World But It's Ok They Know Me Here" photo challenge. Show us where you sit & write your blog and all the other special things around your space. Indoor and outdoor. I am giving one of my collages, via email, to each person who joins in so let me know in a comment on the Own Little World blog. Anyone is welcome to join.
Hope to see your Own Little World...
Pam

vickie said...

Kelley, I love this post. The tea cups/saucers are so pretty. The flowers and teapot, beautiful. Cutter is a cutie!

On The Way... said...

What fun! Sorry to miss it, Maybe next time Herbert can attend. Cutter and Herbert - a giant version of Cutter- could be such friends-well, since they are both of the fearless Terrier breed...probably the friendship is questionable. Oh well, love the decorations and the darling cups. Happy Belated Mother's Day!
Patty

kari and kijsa said...

What a lovely tea post!! We had fun!! Another beautiful day here! hope yours is wonderful!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Joanne Kennedy said...

This has got to be one of the best posts I've ever seen. It really made me smile.

Joanne

Angie said...

Lovely post. These are exactly the same as my mother's set. They are actually used for Turkish or Greek coffee.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails