Sunday, January 10, 2010

Love YOUR Art!

This is not always easy for me to do.  The questions that haunt my mind:

Is it good enough?

Will others like it?

Why can’t I create art like___________ (fill in the blank)?

I can’t tell you what  a giant step it was for me to start this blog,

and then…post my thoughts, feelings, creations…my art.

Very Scary!

I have put this behind me with my new collage, an expression of the words below:

Dreams-signed

“Art is a shadow of what a person is thinking... a small glimpses of what they hold inside.

Little secrets, regrets, joys... every line has its own meaning. “

~Sarah, Los Cerros Middle School, 1999

There is no right, no wrong or not good enough when it comes to art.

So celebrate and LOVE THE ART IN YOURSELF.

Enjoy!

Kelley

7 comments:

a quiet life said...

in case you are still wondering... girl, you have the IT thing, you exude art in all you share~

oh by the way, you are my kind of art, the kind that lifts my souls and makes me smile~

The Victorian Parlor said...

Kelley,

This is wonderful and exactly what I needed to be reminded of today!!! I am embarking on a new-old artform of photo collage (BTW, yours is beautiful:). Thanks for the inspiration and the courage to press on with this endeavor!

Blessings,

Kim

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I really needed to hear that as I sit here trying to draw! Kelley, you are so right. Then maybe, one day, after we have practiced long enough, we will surprise ourselves! But I am having a great time. Go to my blog and to the side bar; click on the rabbit on the right and see what I have started. Just a start! I also share NOWHERE with some wonderful artists who as well, are enjoying their art. Everyone's style is so different and I appreciate it all! Blessings, Anita

Lee said...

Kelley, I too love art...I have folders and folders and files and books full of other peoples art. It is abstracts, old masters, primitives, folk, oils, water colors, mosaics, crayolas, you name it I probably have some.

I was amazed with your pumpkins...they had a Disney magical quality, you are an artist, you have an eye for it.
Lee

Rebecca Lewis said...

I agree, it is scary to put your heart and soul on display for others to see.
Your art is always so wonderful ~ thank you for sharing and encouraging! ~ Rebecca

Anonymous said...

I love the collage. I think come up with the prettiest pics.

Willow

Bunny said...

Well you have it girl. I am a quilt maker and have made some mixed media collages and I know the feeling of uncertainty. I think we all have a bit of that. I also think it keeps us on our toes. You go girl Love your work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails