Friday, January 8, 2010

Little Bits of This and That

Sunshine-Candles

Today we saw the sun!

It has been hiding all week and

we were ready for a dose.

The high temp. today was 12 degrees,

but the sun made it feel warmer,

maybe a whooping 20 degrees.

These Staffordshire pups were happy to nap in the sun.

Pomegranets

Pomegranate 101 is my little bit of That

Pretty random subject change…

I have friends who are amazed when I tell them about this

little trick. I love pomegranates but I hate wrestling with them and having

my fingers turn a bright pink.

So here goes:

Cut your pomegranate in half.

Pomegrantes-in-Water

Break it up and put it in a bowl and fill it with water.

Once filled break up the pomegranate even more.

Keep your fingers underwater (no pink fingers)

The seeds float to the bottom the rest floats to the top.

Float-to-the-Top

Skim the skin off the top.

Drain the pomegranate seeds in a colander

and WaLA ready for any recipe or just to munch on.

Full-Bowl

One of my favorite ways to use these is in

a salad of fresh greens, blue cheese, toasted pecans

topped of with pomegranates.

Now on to my next random thought:

Mammogram-Rose

I had my annual mammogram this past week, the technician

gave me this lovely rose as a reward for all the squishing and squashing.

So I’m sending you a little reminder to make sure you schedule

your annual mammogram.

Enough of the random thoughts.

Enjoy your weekend, stay warm and thanks for visiting!

Enjoy!

Kelley

4 comments:

June said...

Kelley I love that vignette in your first photo. Gorgeous!
What a great tip on the pomegranate harvesting. I love these things. Especially this time of year.
Have a wonderful and chilly weekend. We seem to be having exactly the same weather. We are getting a break from the cold next week though.
hugs

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh gosh you really know how to present. That pomegranant (oops, spelling) is so gorgeous! The rose, a beautiful reminder of something serious and unpleasant! Oh Kelley, we are in such a deep freeze here as well! Take care dearest! Anita

KayEllen said...

Good for you! for getting your Mama gram~~I know I did mine before the new year:)

OK, I am so excited about the pomegranates! I can do this! I can't wait to try:)

Warm Hugs from Cali..glad you had a little sun this past week.

Kay

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Kelly dear, thanks for risking the cold winds and coming my way out northeast! Brrrr....you stay warm too! How those horses stay sane in this bitterness is a mystery to me!

Bisous, Anita

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails