Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I Just Want to Create...





Yes I do!
 
Every year when I host my Creativ-i-TEA
I take great pleasure in "creating" the favors. 
 I want something unusual,
something you can't walk into a store and purchase,
something that I hope will bring on a smile.
AND
it has to be something that I ENJOY making.


This year I made hanging air plants.
It combined nature and  a little bit of bling.
 
I used 14 gauge aluminum wire,
beads and crystals.
 The wire is very flexible and won't rust.

 
I ordered the air plants on etsy.com
and then I spent a couple of days,
twisting, threading and assembling.
 

I enjoyed these little sparklers hanging on the kellio,
for most of the summer
and then they went to their new homes
after the creativ-i-tea.

 




I am still healing and frustrated
that so many autumn photo opts are
getting away from me. 
Although in the mean time I have been
reading more than I usually do.
 
I just finished:



a great read.
A true love story!
I definitely recommend it.
 
I hope you are enjoying the cooler
days and chilly sleeping weather.
I know I am.
 
Enjoy and Take Care!
 
Kelley

P.S. For those of you who are not familiar with air plants,
here's the scoop: they don't require soil, you simply mist
them with water once or twice a week.  They multiply a lot like
succulents and they have beautiful blooms.  The next time I
have one that blooms I will share it with you.


I find all different ways to use these little guys!
 

8 comments:

wendy said...

Oh my Gosh...those things you made. Incredible. I have never heard of an air plant.
I bet you guests LOVED them. How could it NOT put a smile on your face.
thanks for the book recommendation. I always like to hear about what people are reading.

Country Gal said...

They are lovely ! What a wonderful idea ! Awesome work . I do hope you feel better soon and can get out to play with your camera . I go nuts if I cant get out to take photos , photography is a passion for me and very relaxing as well and I can soo get lost in nature with camera in hand ! Have a good day !

June said...

I can't believe how awesome these are Kelley!!!!!!!! How did you ever think of this??? So lovely and unusual. They must have WOWED your guests!

I hope you are all better soon dear friend. I hate knowing you are layed up.
sending hugs...

La Table De Nana said...

You made your art LIVING art:)What a wonderful idea..those little air plants have always held an allure for me.
You're so talented..but in a very poetic way..Don't know if you know what I mean..but there is a gentleness in all you make.
Love that.
And you are right..it is a TRUE love..LOVE story:)
x
Take care.. baby steps can seem like forever ..but it's still forward.

La Table De Nana said...

PS..can someone bring in some beautiful leaves for you..little pumpkins etc..You are a master at vignettes..you could do such great little photo shoots in your beautiful home..shooting is healing...in a certain way.

Anne said...

These are just wonderful! What a unique, thoughtful (and unforgettable) favor!! ♥ When my daughters and I were in Florida last year, these little fellows (the air plants) were all over the trees...so cool!
Hope you are feeling better, Dear! Cool sleeping weather is right...(yawn...:)
Hugs,
Anne

Sarah said...

Kelley, you are very creative! I love to see what you create. Glad you enjoyed this book. I have a copy sitting on my bedside table. Just need some time to read.

La Table De Nana said...

Hope you're feeling better..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails