Sunday, September 23, 2012

Thankful

 

This past week

I haven't been able to wander and play

in my own garden.

 
 
 
Yet flowers surround me.
These flowers are more than mere flowers
they are bouquets of  friendship
 
I have had a few health issues that
landed me in the hospital for 5 of the last 7 days.
After taking a large biopsy from my chest
I received the great news that cancer is not involved.
 
The cause of the mass and pain is still eluding us
but we have ruled out the most dreaded diagnosis.
 
 
I came home to lots of TLC.
Yummy dinners have shown up every evening
and
the taste of fond childhood memories.
Including a dinner that I have made so many times
but when my Mom makes it tastes so much better.
 
 
My dear daughter flew in from Florida
was there for me and her Dad.
I didn't think she needed to make the
trip but in true fashion she did what she
wanted  to anyway:)...it was a true gift
waking up in recovery and seeing her smiling face.
 
The last time I was in the hospital she saw my smiling
face first just moments after being born.
 
I can't tell you how blessed I was to have
them there. I almost felt guilty because my
hospital roommate who was recovering from
open heart surgery didn't have any visitors
other than when her husband came to take her home. 
 When she asked him to bring him her walker
he told her she didn't need it, all she had to
do was put one foot in front of the other.
 
 
 
 I am in no shape to be making creative messes.
But I was able to take all
 these pictures while perched in bed.
 I am pretty sure if  I tried walking and taking
pictures it would end up in disaster.
So Photoshop has been
my "go to" for any type of creativity.
 
So happy to be home,
so thankful to all my
family and friends
for all their prayers and cares.
 
As they say, hopefully I will
"back in the saddle again".
 
Enjoy the early days of autumn!
 
Kelley
 
 
 

11 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

Your post made me have tears..

Me too the last time I was in the hospital was when my girls were born..that changed ..and family was there for me..

We are lucky..lucky.

So glad you are blessed and I hope they find out soon what it's all about and that it will go away forever and a day!

Betty said...

I am so sorry to hear you were in the hospital, but very glad you are alright. Of course now I hope they do find out what is wrong and that it is not serious.

Cameron said...

I'm so sorry you were in the hospital....but I'm so glad it is not the C word. I'm sure you will get through whatever life throws your way with a family as loving as yours to stand with you :)

Sending you healing thoughts and positive vibes!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

DEAR DEAR KELLEY!

I am so grateful that the dreaded "C" word is not involved...both my parents had it....

WOW....will you be learning soon what it is? Are you feeling better? I am sure that just by knowing it is not what you feared AND by having all the love surrounding you, that you are taking one step at a time towards recovery. Oh dear, what a scare for you. Thank you for wandering over to my post. It is so good to see you these days. Please let me know what you find out? Anita

Country Gal said...

Sorry you were in the hospital and had to go through this scare but I am glad it's not cancer . Hope they find what it is and I will pray it isn't anything serious . Lovely photos. You will be back in the saddle soon I know it !

Custom Comforts said...

So thankful you don't have cancer - every woman's dreaded fear. I work for a large cancer center and it is all too common for all ages.
Your pictures and flowers are just beautiful and you do an absolutely great job from bed. They are a pleasure to look at and I'm sure you are enjoying them too.
Get better soon.
Cindy

Sarah said...

Kelley, I'm so happy they have ruled out cancer, but I hope they find the cause and can treat what ever this is that has invaded your body. I'm glad for you that your sweet daughter was there with you and your husband. Take care and get better soon. We need you "back in the saddle"...........Hugs ~ Sarah

June said...

oh Kelley I am so sorry to hear that you have had this going on! But I am happy to hear that cancer is not part of it and that you have your family around you. And such gorgeous flowers too.
I hope the pain is relieved soon and that you heal up well my friend. I will be praying!
sending hugs....

wendy said...

Hope to see you on the mend here real soon.
the pictures from your bedside were very pretty....just take care of yourself so you can get well and be up and at it again.

Amy M in Indiana said...

Ah, the infamous 4 generation picture! I always loved that one as a child--with all 4 of you in your white dresses! Good to be reminded of Aunt Myra again! So glad your prayers were answered and it was cancerous. Blessing for a speedy recovery and that you get the answers you are searching for.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest Kelley, how are you feeling these days? Is your health resolved now? I HOPE SO! Have you been able to play with the ponies? I long to just touch a horse!!!!!!!My husband knows my whims and often puts on a good old western so I can get my kicks watching these magnificent beasts.

I hope you are well and thank you for visiting my blog. Anita

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails