Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Lazy Day on the Kellio

"Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability"
-Sam Keen

'


My favorite place this time of year is the Kellio a.k.a Patio


Patio-Peek

The Kellio sat empty for several years
my husband stored miscellaneous items there
and he thought that made them invisible.
When I would suggest we put it to use as a patio
he thought it just plain silly because we have a deck that covers the Kellio


Please-Have-a-Seat


Well...look who is having the last laugh...

It is a magical little hideaway that I love
and truth be know my husband has spent many a summer afternoon
enjoying it as well.


Come-On-In

This is MY place where many of what my husband calls

DPS (dead people stuff) comes back to life.

Cozy-Corner

Treasured-Weathered-Friend


Nothing is in perfect condition which I think makes it all the more charming.

Vintage-Threesome


Each piece has a story of discovery


Northern Lights

Each piece is treasured

Vintage-Birdhouse

The flowers are the jewelry of the Patio

'

I actually "winter" several of the pots

in dark storage and bring them out again in the spring

They never disappoint they are bigger and better every year.


Thanks for visiting the Kellio, you are WELCOME any time!


Enjoy!


12 comments:

a quiet life said...

just gorgeous, always the artist's eye~

The Victorian Parlor said...

Oh Kelley!

I love this post!!! Your kellio is absolutely gorgeous!!! And the quote at the beginning is so very true:). As for the dead people stuff, I personally find that it is the best stuff (especially when it shows cracks and dents indicating it has been well used). Your kellio and flowers and decor are just amazing! What time are cocktails?

Blessings,

Kim

The Victorian Parlor said...

Oops-one more comment-the photograpghy is beautiful too!!!

Blessings,

Kim

June said...

hi Kelley,
I love your patio! Just beautiful with all your special touches and dps. I would love to hang out it for awhile if you don't mind. Wake me up around three if you will please.
Smiles,
June

Cindy said...

What beautiful photos! That's great that you can keep them over the winter. I actually never thought about what you have to go through in colder climates since I've lived in California my whole life! I only have to cover some of my plants when we have an occasional frost in the winter.

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Hi Kellio, oops I mean Kelley!!! ;)
This is simply gorgeous! I love your little hideaway...dead people's stuff and all!!!!
I LOVE THAT WOODEN CHANDELIER! I've never seen anything like that! Too cute!!!!!
I'm with June above...I'll hang around for awhile too, but no need to wake me up...let me rot here! ;)
everything vintage

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

I SAID DON'T WAKE ME UP! ssssshhhh~
;)
everything vintage

Betty said...

I would never want to go inside! What a gorgeous place!

Tara said...

It looks like a delightful place to be! I love the chippy old white hutch. Yes, I think I could peacefully hang out there for quite a LONG while!

Elaine said...

What a serene spot. Now you have an outdoor room to enjoy. I love the old pieces and the birdcage!

Nice to hear your husband is enjoying it too. Great post.

Lynn said...

Wonderful post, I love, love, love what you created, and could imagine sitting there reading a book myself :) I believe I arrived here through Flickr somehow, glad I did :)

Lisa said...

Looks like you are living the life I am still just dreaming of...some day I hope to make my dream a reality...God willing it will be sooner than later!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails