Thursday, October 25, 2012

I'm Back

 
I am finally home after 17 days at the Cleveland Clinic.
 
 
Seven days in the hospital and ten days as an outpatient.
Needless to say everything seems like a blur.

Cleveland Clinic takes a "team" approach
 to diagnose a patient with a unusual symptoms.
I was very impressed with my treatment.
 

I am home with a diagnosis of Histoplasmosis, 
which is a result of a fungus, that is in the soil,
that becomes air borne and inhaled.
Many people are affected by it resulting
in flu like symptoms only for a week or so.
 
 
Well lucky me,
 the fungus stayed in my system
and started attacking my lymph nodes
 and esophagus which was very painful.
 

I have started an anti fungal medication
 that I will be on for 3 months to a year.
I am feeling a little better
 and have been told I will have
some up and some down days.
That is okay at least I know what I am dealing with.


Hopefully I will back full force soon.
Thanks to all of you that left lovely and caring thoughts.
Enough already!
I am ready to return to the blogging world.
It may not be what I am doing currentl.y
I plan to take this opportunity
to share many things that in
this crazy busy world I didn't
have time to post at the time.
 
Thanks for visiting.
Wishing you health and smiles!
 
Kelley


4 comments:

Country Gal said...

Beautiful photos ! I am glad your treatment went well and you now know what it is and can treat it ! Here's to good health and feeling better !

La Table De Nana said...

Your photos speak one thousand words to me.
Take care:-)

Betty said...

So happy to hear they found out what was wrong. So many times people are sick and the Doctors can never find out the problem. Hope you continue to feel better.

Kay Ellen said...

You poor thing :(( that sounds very scary Kelley!

i am glad you are feeling better...and being in the hospital for that length of time? I am sure that was not fun either :/
So thankful that got to the root of the problem for you!!

Happy to hear you are on the road to recovery!

xo
Kay Ellen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails