Sunday, January 3, 2010

When The Weather Gives You Lemons

WARNING: THIS IS NOT A FOOD BLOG



To tell you the truth I'm not sure what kind of blog this is...

but I know it is not a food blog.

So why am I posting about food???
This is a result of too much holidays,

Freezing cold weather outside,

BLAH skies and no color


Watching the Video Julie and Julia (worth watching)

and

Perhaps a bit of Cabin Fever!


Lemon Chicken


Lemon-Chicken


I saw this recipe on the Today Show, Thursday morning

and thought it looked yummy


Pucker-Power

AND I LOVE LEMONS!



I wasn't sure I had any chicken, (I always have lemons) I thought I had chicken in the extra frig
in the garage but I knew that it probably had expired.
Well I checked and it was expired but as luck would have it
(I'm not sure I should call it luck)
the garage is so cold that everything in the frig has frozen.
I told you it was cold!

So here goes:

Lemon Chicken

2 pounds boneless chicken breasts cut into thin cutlets

1/2 flour

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper

1/2 stick butter

1/4 cup lemon juice

1/4 cup white wine

1/2 cup chicken broth
16 each paper thin lemon slices with skin

1/2 bunch flat parsley (I had to forgo this...fresh parsley is about 5 months away)


Combine flour, salt and pepper and place in baking dish.




Dust the chicken with seasoned flour, shake off the excess.





In a large non-reactive skillet, melt 1/2 butter and reduce flame a little so it cooks slowly with

NO color, turn after 2 minutes.




Add lemon juice and wine, simmer 3 minutes.

Remove chicken to serving platter, add stock to pan and increase heat to high, when boiling

add remaining butter and simmer until reduced to half; cook 3-4 minutes.

Place lemon slices and parsley (use your imagination here) over chicken.

Pour sauce over the chicken and Pour a glass of wine for YOU!

Wine-Tasting



YUM, I served this over noodles, wished I had some fresh broccoli to accompany it but I will put it on the list for next time I make it.

Which I will!

Enjoy!

8 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh My Gosh Kelley...
I love this chicken recipe. Looks so yummy. Freezing you say?
Sun is shining and it is beautiful outside here.

I am going to have to go outside and take a picture of my tree in the back. It is absolutely loaded with lemons, and they are just waiting to be picked. Tony has been sick, so he can't do it, and I have been tired so I haven't been real faithful about trying to pick. We have enough for everyone on the block and then some.

I always drag a bucket or two to work. I could give you all the lemons you could dream of, and then some. I have never known anyone that loved lemons.

Feel the rays Kelley, I am sending them your way.

Country hugs and much love, Sherry

Lee said...

There is a chill in the air here too, nothing like your corner of the world... I loved that movie...

I think I really will try this recipe, when I go get some lemons.
Always looking for something new to do with chicken.

Your last comment sure blessed me. I always wonder if people are rolling there eyes.

Lee

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Kelley, that is exquisite!!!! YES MA'AM....this is wonderful. I love lemon chicken and do something similar only with olive oil. Over noodles? I am running out tomorrow to get some fettuchini and I will make this with some broccoli! Hey, we are having killer cold temps out here in Minneapolis, MN as well. I believe it was about below 20 today. What do the horses do when it is this cold?

Stay happy and bon appétit!! Anita

a quiet life said...

fabulous! i think you should add in food blog to pretty pics and horse blog please~

Joanne Kennedy said...

Back when I was eating meat, my mom had made me lemon chicken and I loved it. So I asked her for the recipe. Well, she told me you just add lemons to the chicken. Well, as you know that is not true and my chicken tasted like you just eat a raw lemon. To this day, my family jokes about my lemon chicken.

Oh and if you like that movie, I have the real Julie's blog on my blog roll if you want I will send you the link.

Hugs,
Joanne

KayEllen said...

Looks great Kelley!
I will give a try:)

Stay warm on this first week of the new year!!

I am off to the doctors with my son..he took a spill on his long board last week... concussion.

Thankful he is feeling a little better but he really scared us!!

I will try this for dinner this week..looks healthy too!

Happy New Year:)

kayellen

The Victorian Parlor said...

Yummm! I am not much of a cook but after watching the Julie & Julia movie I have been inspired to cook more. This recipe sounds wonderful-thanks for sharing it!

Blessings,

Kim

Tara said...

It looks good! I'd definitely join you for dinner. I just love lemons, the color, the smell.

Have a terrific week and keep the gorgeous pictures coming!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails