Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Par-Tea was a Success!

Last Thursday was the Crea-i-tiv-i-tea " Show and Tell Luncheon". Oh we had fun. Put 18 talented ladies with their latest creations, great food and drink how could you help but have fun.


It was a great reason to finish the mosaic cakes I started about a year ago. Finished on Wednesday night and filled with flowers from my garden on Thursday morning.






I was amazed how many TRULY talented artist there were but few knew about the other's talents. I watched as old and new friends discovered things about each other that they never knew. I personally feel that my art is a very personal aspect of me that I rarely share in my every day life, so the opportunity to share with like minded ladies was fantastic.



Take a peek at how much fun we had! The tables were set





We put an vintage family quilt on the pool table for everyone to display their art.




I have to brag a little bit...this is my mother's needlepoint. She designed, made it and finished to frame. It was a hit!




Of course the kitchen was a popular gathering place too.Every one brought a salad or a dessert and it all was yummy!






My guest left with new friends, new ideas and a little favor with the tea recipes we served tucked inside.



Wishing you great friends and creat-i-tiv-i-tea!

Enjoy!

Kelley

9 comments:

Rebecca Lewis said...

Kelley,
It looks like you had a wonderful time and your mosaic cakes are beautiful!
Take care!
Rebecca Lewis
Simply Stated Aesthetics

Sherry Williams said...

Wow! what a fun time all you girls must have had! I wish I had been there! The mosaic cakes are soooo gorgeous!!! Sherry

Joanne Kennedy said...

What a great idea and it looks like everyone had a great time.

Today I stopped in a little shop I just discovered and they had cake like the ones you made. It cost $750 so you really do have quite a treasure there!

Hugs,
Joanne

kayellen said...

Hi Kelley!

Looks like everyone you had a wonderful time!
Your faux tile cakes are amazing!!

I love that you connected with creative ladies and had a celebration


kayellen

Pam Mattick Art and Stuff said...

Oh, I missed the party. Looks like loads of fun. Cute house too. I LOVE your moms needlepoint. WOW!
There is a new interview over at Faith Folk and hope you can stop by my blog sometime soon again too.
Hugs dear friend,
Pam

On The Way... said...

I AM so fortunate to have been at the tea in person. Let me tell you an intimate story. My mother was a guest and although she didn't share a craft ( she said I was her craft!), she truly had such a lovely time. I watched her "bloom" and connect with old friends and make new ones. In fact, she loved it so,that she announced later, she was selling her house, and moving into Kelley's farm lodge! My parent's have shared some health issues the last few years, so for me, this tea was a gift of joy and laughter. Thank you, Kelley, for once again, showing us your love for life and your creative spirit. It was truly, in all senses, a beautiful day. Love, Patty

sweetmemorymakingmom said...

I absolutely love your mosaic cakes. THey are so gorgeous. I love how you displayed them on the tables. So yummy sweet!!! hugs, Ellen

Sherry said...

The cakes are so gorgeous!! It looks like you guys had a great time and will probably need to do it again sometime soon!!

Sherry

BumbleVee said...

beautiful cakes...
hey, I see a familiar name...Pam Warden. Isn't it funny to see people you have seen elsewhere when you hop around a bit?

looks like the ladies all had a great time....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails