Friday, February 26, 2010

The Magic Begins!

The magic has started at our farm.  As my husband would say "we have horses coming out of horses". 

Keeping an Eye on Things

I like to think of it as a little more special than that (he has such a way with words),
I love to see the miracle of birth, the personalities of each foal.
Each foal is a unique individual, we have the pleasure of knowing the dams and sires
and seeing cetain traits passed down from one generation to the next.

Curious

This little guy, "Dirty Double Down" a.k.a. "3-D" is our first arrival.
He is a character!  Very FULL of himself!

Hiding-Behind-Mom3

He thinks he hung the moon,
he thinks he is an only child. 
Much to his surprise he will be joined by
8 brothers and sisters by the end of spring and will have to share the spotlight.

Enjoy it while you can "3-D" the next arrival was due yesterday and looks like a weekend appearance is likely. 

Making-A-Break-For-It

Oh darn did I say something wrong?

He is outta here!  Lots of attitude!

Thanks for Visiting!

I am finally catching up and look forward to visiting all my blogger friends.

Happy Weekend!

Enjoy!

13 comments:

Debby said...

Poor 3-D, he is beautiful! Great post. love your banner.
debby

Cottage Rose said...

OH Kelly he is so adorable,, what a sweet face.... can't wait to meet the next baby,,, love his name it fits.

Have a great weekend.
Hugs;
Alaura

Unknown said...

G'eve, Kelley ~ He's such an adorable little fella. They are so playful & cute when they are so young. You capture his spirit so beautifully.

I just LOVE viewing your photos. TY for sharing.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs, TTFN ~ Marydon

June said...

Kelley I love these photos. 3-D is darling? I do hope all the other foals come along safely. I'm sure you are beside yourself with the excitement of it all.
hugs

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Kelly:
3-D is quite the handsome lad! How wonderful for you. Can't wait for updates on the rest of the expected arrivals (along with more about 3-D, of course, considering he's the eldest!)
xoxo
Donna

Joanne Kennedy said...

Oh how sweet! I so wish I lived near you so I could come and see your horses and meet 3D in person. You are soooooo lucky.

Hugs,
Joanne

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Kelley,

I am enthralled by his beauty! He looks so cute in his little "coat"! I want to just hug him. Mummy looks gorgeous and what a blessing for you to see this miracle occur on your ranch. Keep us updated on how this little feller takes to sharing the spotlight!

Have a splendid day! Anita

Unknown said...

He is so adorable. My daughter and I love horses, and your photographs are simply stunning. I love your blog, and can't wait to browse around.
Karen

The Victorian Parlor said...

Kelley,

He's beautiful!!! I love seeing all of your new additions:)!

Blessings,

Kim

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Kelley, thank you for coming to visit my dreams! And I just love seeing 3-D again! My husband also adored his pictures!!

Bon Mardi, Anita

A Fanciful Life said...

Just gorgeous photos of these sweet creatures. Gosh, I love baby animals - wish I could reach out and pet this little guy.
Sharon :-)

Chronicles of Dolliedaydream said...

Stunning STUNNING photos! I feel like I have died and woken up in blog heaven :-) I am so pleased to have just stumbled across your blog; horses and tea my fave things ... oh and Cutter he is too cute. I will really look forward to visiting you again xxx

Lee said...

I just looked at every post I have missed... and they just drip with exceptional talent. Amazing artistry and photography...thank you for sharing.
Lee

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails