Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Seeing RED...Polka Dots

To say I like red might be an understatement.

RED

When I go to the store the RED flowers are the ones that always catch my eye.

A-Little-Bit-of-Everything

The walls in my kitchen and great room are RED.

But one thing I like better than RED is POLKA DOTS.

So when I saw this RED POLKA DOT fabric I just had to make something with it.

First I wrapped my initials in Minnie Mouse's signature fabric.
I mounted them on 2 canvases that I had started but didn't know how I wanted to finish them

Initials

 now I know.

Homemade Napkins

I love making these very simple napkins so of course I whipped up a few in RED POLKA DOTS to mix up with the screaming yellow ones I just made.

Now I just have to keep them away from my mother and daughter...
Do you think RED is inherited??????

So simple pleasures are the best,
a $9.99 bouquet and a yard of fabric
has made me one happy girl!.

Enjoy!

10 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Hi Kelly...well, we love so many of the same things...horses..and now RED..I have part of my kitchen cabinets in red and have it all over in my home. I love chickens and have real ones too as well as having the cute ones all over in my home! I LOVE the big KL..so beautiful! :D

Joanne Kennedy said...

I love red too. My kitchen is red, black and white.

How did you make those napkins? I would like to make some too. I love them.

Hugs,
Joanne

Sheri said...

Hi, Kelley!
I love what you've done with fabric letters and canvas. It's gorgeous!

Blessings!
Sheri

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I don't know how you do it...managing a farm, decorating and maintaining a GORGEOUS HOME and watching over the horses...You are amazing Kelly!

Have a splendid day in that fabulous abode of yours! Anita

Betty said...

Red has never been my favorite color, but since blogging I have seen so many red things and now I have fallen in love with the color and adding it to my home whenever I can. Just love your red things.

Willow

June said...

Kelley, I can't believe how much I love this fabric you picked up. Those canvases are so great and I love all the color going on in your beautiful house. I think this post energized me to the point that I no longer need that nap I was about to take.
hugs

kayellen said...

Oh look at all your beautiful dishes~~~

I love Red too!!

It is such a striking color and always makes a statement:)

Have a good weekend sweet Kelley~~~

Hugs,
Kay Ellen

The Victorian Parlor said...

Your reds are lovely! I really enjoyed seeing all of your red transferware-it's beautiful!

Blessings,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Hello Kelley
thank you for the kind words on my blog...you are quite lucky to live in Northern Michigan! :)
I love your red in the kitchen (wondering if it is Behr's Hawaiian Cinder?) we had our family room this color and I miss it...only been in our new place 6 weeks now and so much work to be done.

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

Love your blog! My girls were ooohing and aaahing over the horses. They love horses. Red is a beautiful color and my fav also! Nothing cheers me up better than a big ole splotch of red!

I found you from Rosewood Cottage and so glad that I did!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails