Monday, September 13, 2010

The 3rd Annual Creativ-i-tea


That's all that is left of a wonderful summer.
This summer will be fondly remembered,
beautiful weather, a new puppy, and much
happiness in our family.

I embrace the good times more than ever.
Lucky me!

As the summer fades I have made a tradition of hosting
a luncheon where all the ladies bring their creations made over the summer.
It is like a grown up "show and tell"


I call it the Creativ-i-tea.
I host it the week after Labor Day,
Usually by this time the summer company is gone, the kids are back in school
and things have slowed down a bit. 

We show our projects which usually sparks great interest in
"learning how to do that"
Everyone brings a dish and we have a mini feast.
This year I asked everyone to bring the recipe for the dish
they made and I am going to make a Creativ-i-tea Cookbook. 

Share in our fun!




The table was set with basil favors




The room was filled with BEAUTIFUL projects




and great conversion.



We just couldn't decide on a favorite dish




Tortilla Pie or...


Baked Brie  or...or 7 Layer Salad




Crunchy Salad or Herbed Tomatoes or...

The selection was wonderful and it was no wonder none of
the ladies felt like making dinner that night.

Thanks for visiting our little creativ-i-tea.
For me a great way to wrap up a
summer of great memories.
Enjoy!

13 comments:

Lisa Gordon said...

What a wonderful idea, and these photos are just gorgeous!

Julie Harward said...

What a fun time! Everything looks so nice..love the chickens with the flowers! ;D

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

KELLY!!! It is so nice to see your beautiful home, and how much fun you had! You make everything so special, and I am thrilled that your summer was memorable! SO was mine, but I am back in the classroom and it is crazy! Oh Christmas vacation, COME QUICKLY!!!!

Cheers, Anita

Sarah said...

Kelley, your home is beautiful and most inviting. Thanks for sharing the photos. I like the idea of growing the basil for the party favors. I'm going to remember that idea.

La Petite Gallery said...

The Chickens are so cute and the food awesome.
I hope you do a cook book . Those recipes look devine.

yvonne

foxysue said...

This idea is great, something for me to pick-up on thanks. Pics great too!

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

Lovely home.
Beautiful objets d'art.
Fab idea.
Well done you.

Cameron said...

What a great idea! I wish I had more project minded friends to do this with :)

Your table was set just gorgeously, btw....love the birdcage!!!

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Awe Kelley!!!
Another wonderful year!!!!
You girls are so much fun...I wish I was there!
Every year I look forward to seeing how you decorate your table. You are the decorating QUEEN!
:)

Justa Ann Nabors said...

Your table is so beautiful. I love the chickens with flowers. May I ask where you purchased those. They are so pretty with flowers.
Thanks,Justa

June said...

Kelley this is wonderful. I remember it from last year too.
I think this would be so much fun. I don't know how much creating I would get done however, because I think I would just chatter away most of the time. Your friends are very lucky to have you!
hugs

Metronyx said...

Some great stuff you guys have made. Very impressed : )

La Table De Nana said...

I had to click on the link from your latest post about the book..You are SO talented..Love the crown ..everything! Super idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails