Saturday, September 27, 2014

Will We See the Light

I recently finished the book,


It is set in WWII and captures the essence of war
and how it can become part of everyday life where once
life was relatively carefree.

It was a reminder of a very grim time in our history.
It amazes me that all this tragedy happened less than 75 years ago.

How can we forget "the lessons" so easily?


Our world now scares me.

Craziness now invades our everyday lives
where once it was relatively carefree.



I of course do not have the answers but I do ponder these thoughts:

Have the "things" that have made our lives so much easier 
come in the form of a "Trojan Horse"?


Most children (mine included) live on "Easy Street"
where so many parents 
want their children to have 
the "best" of everything and "want" for nothing. 



OK...I realize I have now become
 my mother and my grandmother in one sentence.

Oh HELP!

I hate being a "Debbie Downer" I truly do wish life was all..


  I'll stop after one more thought:

The internet?
 The very thing that makes it possible
 for me to have this post sent everywhere 
and anywhere in the world also
 makes it so "others" with
 not such good intentions can do the 
same. 

So is this a book review? 
Yes, and I give it 5 stars!

and possibly a life review.



I rarely get this serious but maybe it is time.

I just hope history doesn't repeat itself. 

Hopefully the light of the past will guide us.



After all that :)
Enjoy you Weekend!

Kelley



2 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Beautiful Kelley,

HELLO!!!! Thank you for stopping by and for posting yet again!

I agree with you about this world of ours. Everywhere we turn, whether it's at work or on the news, even at home, there is something to worry about because of what others do. People create havoc, war, stresses at work, more things to catch up on, and what happened to the light of life? That light we cannot see?

I was just CRYING the other day to a friend that the world is spinning too fast and as quick as I am to learn, it is going to fast for me. All we can do is life the life we love. May you have a wonderful day! Anita

a quiet life said...

What a beautiful review of the book, I finished it last week and have not been able to start a new book because it still weighs so heavy on me too... it makes you think so much, to count our blessings and pray...

On a lighter note I loved a man called ove, 5 stars from me, very touching...

Lovely photos, I think living beautiful is a good thing, especially if all if mankind did too. Imagine only striving for good, oh what a wonderful world...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails