Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What Is Going On At the Farm?

It is the season of wonder
Farm-In-Bloom

The farm abounds with beauty

Wildflower-Lane

The barn is quiet

Into-the-Barn

The doors are open to let all the warmth and sunshine in

Barn-Aisle

I do everything I can to stay out of the office

Back-to-the-Office

The stalls are empty while the horses play outside

The-Visiting-Stall

The wildflowers appear magically

Lovely-Lupine

All the foals have been born and are healthy

Wet-Behind-the-Ears

A few are still a little wet behind the ears

Reflections

The mares take their new jobs very seriously, well at least for the first couple of weeks
after that the foals tend to gang up with one another and only need mama when they are hungry

Rearing-to-Go

The foals think it all fun and games and for this period in their lives they are right

Flowers-Red-White-and-Barn

Thanks for visiting and all the lovely comments about our new foals


Enjoy!

12 comments:

Privet and Holly said...

Magic!!! Oh, Kelley, your photos are just breathtaking ~ as if I could reach out and pet those soft, sweet noses, like velvet. Your barn is probably the most beautiful one I've ever seen, as well! Looks so peaceful on a sunny morning. You've really captured a serene moment, here and I enjoyed it immensely.
xx Suzanne

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Kelley, When I come to your blog it is like a mini getaway! Everything is so beautiful and peaceful... but I know that you life is probably as hectic as mine!
But just for this little while I can be transported to a place of beautiful blue wildflowers, playful horses and the smell of clean stalls!
I have been rejuvinated by my serene visit.
Yvonne

La Petite Gallery said...

Where is this wonderful barn Locared, is it Maine. I see Lupins.. Beautiful.

yvonne

Unknown said...

It is thrilling to pop in for a visit ... those little beauties are so precious & fun to view. TY for sharing them with us ...

Have a beau-TEA-ful week.
TTFN ~ Marydon

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OMG. Your photos are the best. Those little ones are feeling their oats now! Kelly, your farm and home are breathtaking. Thank you for sharing it with us all! Anita

Beach House Living said...

I believe that is the most beautifully kept barn I've seen in years. I would like to convert it into a house. Your photos are beautiful; it's such a treat to visit.

Julie Harward said...

I love the foals when they are still wet behind the ears... My favorite age! That is the most beautiful barn I have ever seen...My oh my, I would want to live in it I think! As I grew up on a farm, we had a big red barn, the loft was finished off so nice, local dances were held in it...love barns! Come say hi :D

(found) vintage 101 said...

Love Love Love this post!!!! Your barn is BEAUTIFUL!!! If I had a barn like that I'd never make it to the office...lol I enjoy stopping by to take a peek...
Rhonda

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh I just had to come by to get more of those horses!!! HAVE A GREAT EVENING, KELLY! Anita

Sarah said...

Kelley, you live in such a beautiful place. Viewing your photos takes me on a dream vacation. I once visited a horse farm in Lexington, KY. The barn was gorgeous with brick floors and cherry wood stalls. Your barn looks just as amazing. I think you live a magical life, though I know it's hard work as well. Thanks for sharing snippets with us. ~ Sarah

Anonymous said...

Your barn is dreamy and I never tire of seeing it. Thanks for letting us visit.

Chronicles of Dolliedaydream said...

Stunning photographs of your horses Kelley - they are just beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails