Monday, June 4, 2012

Purple Passion

Yesterday I walked out in my yard to water my plants
and I was greeted by a wonderful surprise.
 I planted a tiny little vine last fall.
For a couple of months nothing really grew and then...

I believe a little boy named Jack
 visited my garden.


My little vine grew and grew, almost out of control.
It produced lush green leaves,
tiny fingers reaching out to grab onto anything they could find.


It covered my outside shower like a cloak of green velvet


The Mandelvillas bloomed like crazy.


My pergola was decorated in flowers.

But...my little vine remained only green

and then...

the wonderful surprise!


Passion Flowers


Purple magic!!!!!

I am fascinated by their beauty.

I believe Mother Nature was truly
 passionate
when she created this beauty.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

I love those!! A dear blogging friend that I met grew these also and he loved them..Sadly he is no longer with us.. but every time I see this..it reminds me of him..many times..many spots in our gardens ..I am reminded of him..One must never underestimate the power of a blogging friend..nor a flower:)~

Mary Bergfeld said...

They are lovely and vigorous climbers. The passion flower will give you years of pleasure. Your photos are terrific. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Sarah said...

Kelley, these are beautiful. I've never grown any of these. Fun to see the passion flower.

Cameron said...

They are a strange and wondrous delight, indeed! Have you seen them in red? Just as gorgeous!

...and did I hear you say "outdoor shower"? I'm so jealous! :)

Lynda said...

What a lovely surprise! They're gorgeous!

Privet and Holly said...

Amazing!!!
That is one truly
happy vine....Well,
all of your plants
look like they are
thriving!

xo Suzanne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails