Thursday, June 7, 2012

Why Am I Still In Florida?

When I arrived in Florida last November I was so excited!
The year before we had rented a little beach house but this
year we purchased a house in the same neighborhood.

I have spent the last couple of months
making it mine.

I had a blank canvas.
I had a new theme to work with.
 Coastal!



I have always wanted to decorate "beachy"
 but seashells in snowy Michigan just seems a little silly.


I planted a Cocktail Tree.

(get this...it has lemons, limes, oranges and grapefruit all from the same tree)

I went all out!
Scouring consignment shops for a little bit of this and that.


I transformed some old urns,
 that my Mom was throwing away, into side tables.


I painted them with a Martha Stewart textured paint
that reminded me of sand


I added a little "bling" to the base.


Then I finished the inside to display shells.


While my husband was out fishing (not catching:)
I was creating a little trophy fish all my own.

But the story takes a twist.
The reason we are still in Florida
 is that we are getting
our little house ready to sell.

Even I didn't see that one coming.

My husband found his Florida "dream home".
(He is a Real Estate Junkie)
I wouldn't even go look at it for months.
Then right before we were to leave the owner
drastically reduced the price.
I finally gave in and went to see it...
and darn it I really liked it.
So...we have decided to sell our little house.

The house I made mine now will be someone elses.


All my little personal touches are being packed away
and I am busy making our house look cute but not too personal.

So I am in sunny Florida
 until we have everything "wrapped up".
Not a bad place to be but...
still missing Michigan.



Hopefully it will sell soon.

I'll sleep a little better when all is done.
Enjoy!

4 comments:

Betty said...

It looks lovely. You must send me some seashells down my way. HA! HA!

Kay Ellen said...

The beach feels like home whenever I am near...what lovely home sweet Kelley :))

I am finally taking a little break tonight..my youngest graduated from high school this week..now I am running around getting ready for her big party at the house on Saturday...my poor husband has phenomena...
He seems to be feeling a little better tonight so I am thankful for that!

Hope all is well with you and your darling family.
xo
Kay Ellen

La Table De Nana said...

So the new house is in Michigan?Why am I confused?

You did a great job on this one..It will sell!

Anonymous said...

Wow just found your blog off of My Desert Cottage. How beautiful.


Erika

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails