Friday, January 14, 2011

Being Judged


I don't want you to judge me
Maybe what you thought you heard me say,
may not be what I meant.


Although, I do want to be judged by 12 of you.
I want 12 of you to express your opinion on what you thought I said
I want you to tell the others why that is your opinion.


I want you to have an open mind,
I want you to listen and
consider
what the others have to say
and perhaps...
change your mind after listening to others.


I just did that.
I opened my mind
I listened to others
and I did change my mind
and I changed other minds



Our founding fathers
made sure that I did.
They made sure not just one person
could judge me
they made sure that I AM
YOU are
and others
are INNOCENT until proven guilty.




Have you guessed ?
I have just finished
jury duty.
I admit that I selfishly didn't want to serve.
I thought long and hard why I shouldn't have to serve.
I thought the odds were against me on being picked.
I thought I was just too busy.


Well...I was wrong.
I was picked
I did serve and
I was reminded that I live in a country
where my rights are protected by laws
that are fair and just
and if I have to spend a couple of days
serving on jury duty to be citizen of
that great country
 I should be
 and I am grateful.

Enjoy!
All photos and artwork by Kelley
copyright 2011

8 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning beautiful friend. What a MAGNIFICENT post filled with obviously lovely photos of my favorite hooved creature, but the sentiments and word choice were perfect. Lovely as always and I am so grateful to see you again.....Anita

Custom Comforts said...

What beautiful pictures and no, I didn't guess you were talking about jury duty. I have never had to do jury duty in my life. . . until now. I got a supoena to testify for my daughter's car getting totaled and jury duty notice on the same day. I doubt that was a coincidence. I will keep your post in mind to keep a positive and open attitude. Thanks for sharing.
Cindy

Lisa Gordon said...

This was me just about a year ago now Kelley.
Wonderful post.

June said...

Great post Kelley! Serving is our duty...and priviledge. Both my husband and I were called last year...and my husband is a police officer. I thought that was unusual, but it isn't anymore.
It's always so much fun to see all your 'kids'.
hugs

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Kelly
what a beautiful post (and gorgeous photos)! Thanks for reminding us that we live in a wonderful country. Hope you have a wonderful weekend - and stay warm...we keep getting little snow falls down here!

Lynda said...

Beautiful photos and words!

Sarah said...

Kelley, I always dread serving on a jury, but each time I've had to serve I come away feeling as you did. Beautifully expressed!

Privet and Holly said...

Amen, sister,
I couldn't agree
with you, more....
I have never been
asked to serve on
a jury....But I
would be willing,
because, as you so
eloquently stated,
it is part of the
fiber of this nation
and of being one of
her very fortunate
citizens. Thank you
for the reminder!!
xx Suzanne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails