Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Winter Beauty

I have to admit that I am still
in the "wonders of winter" mindset.
Spring fever is far from my mind.

My roses still bring me joy
even though


They are only remnants of my summer garden


The sunsets on Lake Michigan
are in their glory



The snow is the purest white



The roaring fire is great comfort



and staying inside isn't all that bad either




Yes, I would call this a
Chicken Picture
not from my collection
but just the thought of going outside
is a bit chilling and I thought
I could get away with taking pics inside...NOT

Although no complaints
I'm sure this phase of winter love will wear off soon
but until then...

  Enjoy!

8 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

I don't have spring fever at all yet..
I am content to nest this winter.

Your photos are lovely~

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Embracing EACH season for its BEAUTY is the mark of a wise woman.....she makes the best of it and finds beauty in every faded rose and crackle of the embers.....so lovely dear Kelly...Anita

Unknown said...

what a beautiful blog! thank you for providing such wonderful photos and content! as a blogger and horse enthusiast (I've shown Arabians and National Show Horses my whole life) this site is amazing! feel free to stop by my site as well!

x,
brittney from www.hushnwonder.com

Lisa Gordon said...

What beautiful shots, and just between you and I? I think I like roses the best when they look like that beautiful first shot!

Julie Harward said...

Your pictures are so beautiful...and I love going out for my walk each day and then coming home to stay in the rest of the day, no place like home! ;D

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Hi Kelley,
What an absolutely beautiful and delightful blog you have! I'm so happy you stopped by to visit me so I could find you. :)
I so enjoyed your reading your post and seeing your gorgeous winter photos!
Thank you so much for adding my blog button to your side bar, that is so sweet of you and I am so honored!
Have a lovely evening~
Hugs,
Carol Anne

La Petite Gallery said...

Well Kelly,
Can you believe a gal from Texas could love winter like I do. I love the seasons, My whole life I lived in Texas and Florida. I will not miss a season ever again.

yvonne

Privet and Holly said...

Hi Kelley,
I couldn't agree
with you more....
Still under the
weather, so have
to savor all the
coziness and
not fight it.
Thank you for
your sweet comments
over the holidays!
I hope that 2011
will be filled with
all that makes you
happiest. Love all
your pictures, girlie!
xx Suzanne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails