Thursday, November 19, 2009

Learning a New Language

Lady-Autumn


I am terrible about learning new languages, in fact I think it almost impossible,

maybe because I think I should be fluent in "said" language in about a week

I tend to be a little impatient, Ya Think???

Well I have been working on a new language for about 2 years and finally it is starting to "click"

The language of which I speak is PHOTOSHOP

Oh I so wanted to be able to manipulate all my photos but, I just couldn't get the "language" down, my first year of photoshop is equivalent to asking to use the bathroom and when translated into a new language it means "your mother has a moustache".

It was pitiful!
Well I think I am starting to "get it" I think I am starting to "speak" broken photoshop.

Finally I can use the bathroom without getting thrown out of the restaurant.

Change-of-Colors

Watercolor leaves

I have been practicing my "photoshop" language using several pictures I have taken in the last weeks of autumn and blending them with vintage photographs of women.




I have a fascination with vintage photos of ladies of the past.

The results aren't perfect but they make me happy.

Butterfly-Princess with Autumn Leaves Texture


Butterfly-Gypsy

Enjoy!

9 comments:

Rebecca Lewis said...

Kelley ~ I saw these at Flickr and just love them. You have done an amazing job ~ They really are works of art!
~ Rebecca

Hearts Turned said...

Hi Kelley! So glad I found your beautiful blog today! I'd love to learn that Photoshop language--well done! I'm a vintage girl, and love those beautiful women images as well--love how you're pairing them with your own photos--so creative!

I'm your newest follower, and I'll be back often! Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

I think they are lovely. I love the last one the best. You'll have to tell us how you did it.

Willow

Tara said...

This looks like so much fun! My budget only allows for a couple of free photo editing programs I've downloaded from the internet. They work for the basics but you can't do these wondrous things!

a quiet life said...

omg you SPEAK IT FLUENTLY!

Colleen said...

Incredible!!! Amazing!!! The most beautiful works of art.
Colleen

June said...

These images are gorgeous Kelley. I've heard that photoshop is a tough one. It looks like you are getting it down pat.
Hugs,
June

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Kelly! I would say that you are "fluent" in the language now! THESE PICS ARE STUNNING!!!! You have it down, and wow, those pics are out of this world. I need to get photoshop. Take some pics of your horses and enhance those! Please, for us horse lovers!!! Thanks for your visit and kind words. I just love visits from nice people! Have a great day. Anita

Inspired Comblogulations said...

Keep blending they are beautiful.
Lee

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails