Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving


The most tangible of all visible mysteries - fire.  ~Leigh Hunt

It has a different meaning for everyone.

We all have special memories, often they are memories from childhood,or when our children were small.

The excitement of children add the magic to this holiday.



So-much-to-be-thankful-for


I barely remember how I cooked the turkey from year to year but I do remember special times with family and can see in my minds eye how we have all changed over the years it is almost like a snapshot of each year.


I think it is different from Christmas due to the absence of tangible gifts. This is a holiday that we give from the heart, we have to think of all we are thankful for in the past year.

I look forward to next Thursday when we get together with those we have known all our lives and those that are new to our lives.

Autumn-Doves


Today I start the preparation to welcome our guests, I enjoy setting the tables, planning the meal and being reminded of all I have to be thankful.


and light the candles





Over the years I have "chilled" about the holidays and have learned to concentrate the important things, I must admit I need to remind myself of that several times this week but it does make it more enjoyable.





Thankful for Golden Sunsets

I know this can be an extra stressful time of year but I find that the most pressure is usually self imposed. Look to your family and friends I know they are more than happy to help...we don't have to be "Super Woman" on Thursday just Mothers, Daughters, Granddaughters, Sisters, Grandmothers, Aunts, Nieces and Friends.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly, I hope you have a Very Happy Thanksgiving.
I so enjoy your blog.

Willow

GwendolynKay said...

Wishing you a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving.
Gwen

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Kelly!!!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Kelly, you have the most beautiful photos. I just get lost when I come to your blog; I get lost in a fairy land of horses and loveliness. THANK YOU! Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

And a grand celebration to you dearest Kelly! May you enjoy love and peace throughout the new year to come and always! Anita

KayEllen said...

Beautiful Kelley!

Have a wonderful Holiday :)
Blessings to you and your family.

Oh and I agree...to be thankful and not to get caught up in things that can stress us out!
Time is to precious.

xo
Kay

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails