Thursday, November 12, 2009

True Beauty

Youthful Beauty...it is so valued

is it because we don't have wrinkles?

our hair has vibrant color?

our knees don't have expressions of their own ?

and our arms don't wave back when we wave goodbye?


Colorful-Leaves

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

I'm not buying it, don't get me wrong...

I did take out a trial subscription to such thinking

I took a short mourning period for body parts that once were gravity defiant.


Fading-Fern

I was given a gift of knowing both of my grandmothers well into their 90's

They taught me lessons about beauty but I was unaware at the time .

On several occasions I heard the complaints similar to the ones above and

I always thought...

NO NO NO How can you think that Grandma?

YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL!

I didn't know your youthful beauty but...

I do know that when you smile at me your eyes crinkle and wrinkle and they are the most

BEAUTIFUL EYES that have ever looked my way.


Fragile

when you take my hand it feels like crepe paper and it is decorated with funny dots,

the most Beautiful hands I have ever held.


Still-A-Beauty

So as the winter approaches the youthful beauty of the landscape has faded and now replaced

with fragile beauties that are still as beautiful, perhaps more beautiful than ever,

the showy colors of their youth are gone but they have character.

Nature has a plan
Winter-Kale

don't try to change it


Kale-Gone-Drazy
it just doesn't work.


Enjoy your beautiful self, just the way you are.

(OK a little blush and mascara doesn't hurt)

Enjoy!

13 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Kelley!
Oh my gosh what a beautiful writing this morning. I love it. I bet your Grandmas were smiling down on you as you wrote this very blessed story of love. What a wonderful blessing on this beautiful Thursday morning. I love it. The pictures you have taken and shared are just exquisite. So beautiful.

Please stop by and read my story this morning. I would love to share with you.

Country hugs sweetie, Sherry

Lee said...

Woman you are so creative... I am glad I stopped by because, I just noticed the hand I use for my PC mouse has more wrinkles than that of the other one...yikes...stop blogging?
Nope... just embrace them or wear fabulous gloves. Your blog is one of the loveliest I have seen.
Lee

"Create Beauty" said...

Hi Kelly, I am so glad you stopped by my blog and left a comment, how delightful to come visit yours!!! I have a friend coming over today to 'play and craft' with, and she also loves all things tea and has horses, so I will share your blog with her. I'll be back! ~ Violet

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh! That is a precious truth and a good reminder these days as I am starting to realize that I am over 50! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I do so love your blog. Give one of the horses a squeeze for me!!! Anita

June said...

I love it Kelley, just love it! An amazing post! Thank you for the lesson in beauty today.
Hugs,
June

kimberly said...

Delightful images and beautiful sentiments. I had the most glorious grandmothers, thanks for the walk down memory lane by bringing up your wonderful memories.

Love your gorgeous pumpkins, too. Wishing you a blessed day!

Tara said...

Fabulous post Kelly! I think it's the middle part of the aging process that is so hard, the 30-60 part! By then pretty much everyone is showing some age so I think maybe vanity isn't such an issue. I hope it gets better anyway. Your pictures are glorious and add to your post beautifully too!

Terra said...

Your passions for teacups and for ponies truly make sense to me.
These are great choices as they are both so pretty and so graceful.

Lisa said...

I loved this post! So beautiful...
http://ofgraceandpearls.blogspot.com/

blushing rose said...

Gorgeous post! I always say wrinkles are beauty marks!

If you haven't entered our giveaway, go to my Nov. 10th post. TTFN ~Marydon

KayEllen said...

Beautiful Miss Kelley!!!

Wonderful words and pretty pictures...

Hugs,
KayEllen

Pony Girl said...

Great, thoughtful post. I love a few signs of age...we should wear it proudly! It adds character. I love your photos. They remind me a lot of my own photography style ....we have similar interest in the details! ;)

Anonymous said...

Kelley, When I was young I was pretty as I can see now in old photographs but never once then did I think so...I found something wrong with every physical feature I had. I think because of that I wanted to feel beautiful inside and this is such a wonderful reminder of what is important in life. What we are inside is what carries us through life and gives us a sense of satisfaction in our later years. I didn't get to experience life with a grandmother but I am to my grandchildren everything I imagined they would be...wrinkles and all ! Thank you for this wonderful post and being the insightful woman you are! You are very special!
Lila xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails