Friday, June 27, 2008

A "Garden" going to The Mad Hatters Tea

OH the day is here!

Time for Miss V's Mad Hatters Tea Party
at
A FANCIFUL TWIST


We have been so busy all week working on our costumes. What will we wear, what will be?

Finally a Garden Party Theme was agreed upon...now comes the tricky part...
What flower will they be??? Oh my such a big decision, this is how it went...
The beautiful Queen of The Carnivale, an enchanting creation made by Miss V. herself. This girl has attitude and insisted that she pick first since she personally knows Miss V. Although there is conflict, The Duchess of Avian Falls is an art doll of Miss V's and has known her the longest.


Guess who won? You got it the Queen herself, the Duchess politely agreed to The Queen choosing first. This just illustrates the kind soul The Duchess is. She could have reminded the Queen that her real name is Sascha LaGreca and really isn't royalty, she is a gypsy that is a bit on the bossy (but very beautiful) side.









SO the Queen chooses first. She will be a rose. How appropriate! Immense beauty full of thorns.






Now it is time for The Duchess of Avian Falls to choose. She shyly picks to be a Day Lily. The quiet member of the garden that sits in the background and blooms throughout the season.




Next Chrissie, my unconventional, Guardian Angel. She knows she needs to pick a BOLD flower or no one will recognize her (isn't that the plan). She finally decides the geranium she will be.






Now it is time for Miss Goody New Shoes. This girl has a hard enough time picking which shoes to wear. Let alone which flower to be. She takes her sweet time and still can't decide.

Positive, sometimes poopy, Patty has had enough and she tries to reason with MGNS(Miss Goody New Shoes) and tells her to be practical . Oh my, perhaps that wasn't the best advice Patty could have given her. MGNS screams "what does practical have to do with it"? Now Patty tries to reason with her using her sociology degree which MGNS totally misunderstands and says "if you are such an expert in social work why don't you know anything about parties"? OH BOY Patty changes from Positive to Sometimes Poopy Patty and tells MGNS she has chosen for her. She will be an IMPATIENT!




Finally Positive Patty is back and she reasonably picks to be a daisy. I couldn't agree with her more. A flower that gives all season and always has a sunny personality. (unless MGNS messes with her).


Now it is my turn, what will I be? All of a sudden I smell a wonderful scent in the air and realize that the peonies are blooming. Yes, I will be a Peony. The lovely flower that blooms big just once a year but as the years go by she gets stronger and stronger.




Last but not least is Cutter Bug, my Yorkshire Terrier-est. In true form he is being difficult. He insists that boys can't be flowers. I try to sell several different manly choices...
















A Hosta? No!


An Astillibe? No Way!

How about a Purple Petunia (I knew that would push him over the edge).



Cutter Bug: YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING! I want to be a prince.


Me: A Prince?


Cutter Bug: Yes, I want to be a prince!!!


Me: I don't know about a prince being part of our garden party. Perhaps you could be frog and hope a beautiful maiden at the party will take pity on you and give you a KISS and POOF you become a prince.



Finally we have come to a compromise!



Look at all of us in our flowery finery as we head to our awaiting coach.


The Queen, a rose among thorns.



The ever steady Duchess of Avian Falls



My Guardian Angel, Chrissie, one of the few times she isn't flying
around on those beautiful wings




Miss Goody New Shoes trying to learn Patience
and ever ready with her purse (like we don't know who she is).




The Positive, rarely poopy, Patient, Precious Patty with her ever shining Daisy Smile



The Cutter Bug, once again having his own way.



We are ready!

We are all tucked nicely in our coach,

ON OUR WAY to see you at
Miss V's, A Fanciful Twist


Thank you Miss V for hosting such a great event.

I Hope you ENJOY!
Kelley

P.S. Don't forget to leave a comment to be entered in my Mini Me Clock Give Away!
A Mini clock of the one pictured above

Good Luck!

40 comments:

Rebecca Ramsey said...

What fun! I so enjoyed my twirl around your flowery Wonderland!
And I agree with you--peonies are Perfect!
Becky

Sherry said...

What a delightful garden you have, full of magical mystery. I so love seeing these darlings who came from Vanessa's loving hands & creative imagination -- they always find just the perfect good home!! See you at VV's -- it's a wonderful party!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, Oh my goodness...your garden party was delightful! It was difficult to leave actually because I love all of the details. Miss Vanessa is the most incredible artist and I am so glad that we were invited to join in. I also think it perfectly wonderful that she has introduced us today to so many kindred spirits. Your blog is gorgeous.

Karen

somepinkflowers said...

isn't this such fun?

i am so glad i had the
opportunity to visit you here.

:-)

wow!
even your Hosta looks special.
how did you do that?

{{ you obviously DO*NOT
live in florida }}

Kathryn Costa said...

I love peonies so sweet and yummy. I had so much fun touring your garden tea party. Swing by my place for party hats, baubles, and moondancing!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful flowers..we should've had the tea party in your garden! Darling dolls and your little dog has such a sweet face. I'll see around at the party:)
~Christine

rochambeau said...

Together you make such a stunning bouquet! But I must say, that Frog takes the top billing!
Wonderfully creative post Kelley.
Thank you!
Constance

Heidi said...

Hi Kelley, Thank you for taking the time to comment on my "tea party" post! Isn't this so much fun!!! I think your's is just delightful as well! So bright & pretty!.....Heidi :)

On The Way... said...

I had such fun at the party! Miss Goody Two Shoes...hmmm...she reminds me of someone! Daisys are my favorite but most of all I enjoyed how the flowers revealed themselves and their personalities...quite fascinating! Love, Patty PS Your photography is terrific!

b. said...

the best part of this fabulous party is getting to explore so many fabulous new blogs. your place is quite lovely, thanks for having us. =)

Lola Enchanted said...

Hello~what a wonderful garden!
And, yes, I'm in love with cutter bug!!!!!~


Enjoy your day!~

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

Oh How wonderfully sweeeetttt!! I would lovvvve to stay and visit for hours!!!!!!! HAPPY HAPPY DAY!!

Unknown said...

Enjoyed your garden party! Les fleurs...tres belle.

LW said...

A wonderful tea and a give away too..
Thank you, thank you from a mad hatter guest…

This was delightful and fun….

Louise

bluemuf said...

What a beautiful magical tale, I just loved spending time with you and all your sweet friends. Also, your clock is gorgeous and I love the "I don't want to grow up" cushion.

Karen

TheMagicBartender said...

Happy Mad TEA Party!!
Nice to meet You!

I’m tryin’ to gain 20lbs @ this party!!
LOL ;-D
Cheers, Sue `*>~[

Dapoppins said...

Thanks for visiting...what wonderful fun and friends you have! I love, love that clock, and your garden!

Theresa Rohrer said...

Happy Mad Tea Party Day!
So many beautiful flowers! I'm so glad I stopped for tea.
T

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I am loving your etsy shop!!! oh oh!!!
LOL
your pictures are adorable!!! of course, beauty surrounds you, yay!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great party! My party ambassadors had such a wonderful time! I hope you'll stop by and see them and sign up to win a party banner made especially for this occasion! :)

On The Way... said...

I just reread the party and I failed to notice the "coach"...how perfect! I feel like Cinderella! Thanks for sharing your creative spirit and joy for life.

3rdEyeMuse said...

this was such a fabulous post - I enjoyed every minute of it! such a pleasure to meet you all. I do hope to see you again soon.

cheers! ~M~

Melissa Valeriote said...

How lovely! What a party!

Mel said...

Oh, no! I'm so very late. I hope you don't mind. I'm determined to hit every part, and am just now reaching the Ts.

LiLi M. said...

Great post! I don't want to grow up either!
I'm off to the next party! Thanks for your hospitality!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Very cute post. I enjoyed the walk through the garden! Thank you!

Ann-Denise Anderson said...

Superb!!Sorry I am late, it's takes a bit of time to see everyone's inspirations! Come by for a animal crakers and tea, there is plenty left!
~Ann-Denise

Irma's Rose Cottage said...

What a great party, still making the party circut. Please come by if you still want to party.

Irma:)

Sherri said...

Such a clever way to come to the party. I am still making my way through the crowd to meet folks. I'm glad to meet you and apologize for being late, but my watch is stopped at 6 o'clock

Paula Clare said...

Oh how cute your party is! I'm sorry I'm a day late, but I was soaking in the hot tub with my mersisters, and hosting the party, and...well...time got away from me, and perhaps the heat and the bubbly went to my head...but...

curious and curiouser... said...

I love your garden ~ such beautiful guests and lovely flowers... thank you for sharing your party preparations ~ quite clever!!
I'm so glad I got to visit your blog ~ it's MaD tEa PaRtY perfect!!!

Anna

kayellen said...

Such a lovely tea party weekend:)

Your blue shoe box is just what a princess needs:)

Thank you for your yummy tea!

kayellen

Joanne Kennedy said...

Oh my my, you must be so tired, just getting all those beautiful costumes on seems like a lot of work. But worth every minute of it.

You all are so lovely and I'm sure all heads will turn to look at you as you walk in the room.

Enjoy the party.

Hugs,
Joanne

Erin Glee said...

Such fun! Cutter bug is a very charming Prince... why don't you kiss him again and see what happens?

Mya said...

Beautiful post. I left an award for you on my blog today. Come take a look.
-Mya

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

a real magical, mystery tour!!!

Sandra Evertson said...

Oh what a wonderful Party! And that sweet little Cuttle bug of yours is Adorable!
Sandra Evertson

vickie said...

Oh, Kelley, what a delightful post!
You definitely have a way with words! A wonderful visit!
(check my blog, my website is done!)

Pam Mattick Art and Stuff said...

Hi Kelley
I just put a new song called, We Will Ride, on my blog at http://faithfolk.blogspot.com
As I was listening I thought of you and how much it would mean to you.
I have a new blog at http://pamwardenart.blogspot.com hope you can stop by for a visit :)
Hugs,
Pam
p.s. let me know what you think of the song.

Sarah said...

Kelly, found this below your post on You Might Also Like . . . and yes indeed I definitely like! What a clever, creative lady you are. Love these darling dolls. ~ Sarah

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails