Thursday, April 2, 2009

Home Again


Every year we have a new group of foals and as I am sure you can imagine they are all very different and some I become more attached to than others. I always have a favorite one or two but I have come to learn when they leave the farm when they are almost 2 years old that most likely they won't return. They go on to new homes and or to very serious show careers only returning when they retire.


Well one of my favorites from 2006 has returned home..."Irish" he was a bit lazy for a show career and I decided maybe he needs to be my everyday riding horse. Last night he returned home from one of our trainers farm after being gone for a year and a half. He is much like I remembered, a big pet. He was turned out with our other geldings this morning and I happened to take a few pics of him getting reacquainted.
New Buddies, "Irish" and "Black Tie"
They are half brothers...you would never know by looking at them.
Free SignFree Signature Generatorature Generator

6 comments:

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Hi Kelley!
Your horses are beautiful!!!!
{so is your blog!!!!}

Sarah (Gypsy Mermaid) informed me that you are my pink & green swap partner...however I cannot email you with the address that was sent to me. Could you please stop by my blog or email me at
a70vette@charter.net
Thanks!!!!!
Jodie

Angela said...

They are sooo beautiful! I had horses when I was growing up. I wish I had more pictures of them. That is such a sweet picture of the two of them together.
Hugs,
Angela

KayEllen said...

Oh Kelley Irish is beautiful...love to hear he got to come back after being a show horse...Black tie is pretty cute too!

Have a wonderful weekend:)

Kay

Tara said...

Loveleigh Horses. I completely understand your eclectic mix of passions. I have several family members that have recently been bitten by the "horse bug". Although having a horse of my own and riding hasn't yet interested me, I love all things western, clothes, boots, jewelery, home decor. Hearing about all the horses in my family is lots of fun though too. I'll be back to view your blog again soon, I enjoyed it!

The Victorian Parlor said...

They are beautiful:)

a quiet life said...

oh your pics are wonderful cathing such a sweet moment...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails