Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Swap Story

During the recent Gypsy Mermaid's Pink and Green Swap I was partnered with Jodie of Everything Vintage. I have posted all the wonderful Pink and Green she sent me and today I thought I would share with you the little Pink and Green I sent Jodie.
For me a swap is a lot like a story unfolding before my eyes and hands. A theme is chosen and then I start thinking, thinking and thinking how I can make this swap special for the partner I am given.


Chapter One-The Gathering

I gather lots of my supplies so they can all get to know one another and see how they might fit together.


A little bit of this and a little bit that and it starts to come together. Embellishments show their possibilities first. A special creation "The Bird Lady" by Vanessa Valencia of A Fanciful Twist gathers, pearls, a vintage ribbon from my Grandmother's sewing basket finishing with swinging skirt of green leaves.



Then this little cutie also one of Vanessa's creations gathers her favorite pink and green trims finishing off her look with a ruffled pink skirt. The message she carries to my partner is

"Fairly Tale Dreams Can Happen to You"


Chapter Two-Creating


Now it is time to put some of the other embellishments together to bring new ideas to life.





This balsa box purse has been lonely in my crafts room for the past year or so, upon hearing of the swap it volunteered with pretty pink and green paper and ribbon roses. She didn't start out pink and green but now she wears it with style.



My cameos are always part of my swap stories so a couple paired up with a couple of vintage spoons, butterflies and roses to transform into La Petite Teaspoons, fit for Marie Antoinette herself.


One of my all time favorite things is a beautiful Chandelier.

A chandelier crystal makes a perfect necklace.




A Plain Jane canvas bag is calling my name wanting attention. I am not sure how she fits into this story so I just wait and before long a Cinderella turns in the Pink and Green Princess it happened magically unfolding before my eyes.



Chapter Three-Leaving Home






Now all my creations need to test their new wings and fly to their new home. Oh will they be okay without me? I make a special box for everyone to snuggle on their trip.




I asked a special friend to guide them on their way.


They made it safely and love their new home. I now can breath a sigh of relief knowing they live with Jodie, my new friend, and they lived happily every after.


The End!

3 comments:

Candy said...

I do love a happy ending. What sweet creations you put together and clever story telling all tied up in a neat package.
Cheers,
Candy

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

WOW...I am truly impressed! What care and thought you have put into your package. Lovely!

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Well Kelley, I have to tell you...your creations love their new home and have been officially adopted by me! Little birdie LeJeune is doing great and spreading his little wings!

I am STILL overwhelmed at your generosity and I just love admiring all of my goodies you sent me! It's almost too pretty to use...but I will with delight!

I hope one day we will be able to swap again...you have me soooo spoiled!

still swooning in pink & green,
everything vintage

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails