Thursday, April 16, 2009

PINK and GREEN 100th CELEBRATION



A celebration of Pink and Green!

I received my swap package for the Pink and Green Swap hosted by Sarah at Gypsy Mermaid. Sent by Jodie at Everything Vintage and I think I am dreaming, it is a sensory overload.




I opened my box with great anticipation and before I see...I smell...my favorite scent, lavender. Oh the calming effect of lavender is lovely and it was a good thing because I was so excited to open all these wonderfully wrapped packages. Now I have an awful confession to make, I opened my goodies before I photographed anything...I couldn't stand it, I was like a kid at Christmas.




I think maybe Jodie thought it was the Pamper Swap because everything was is so indulgent, everything is so me, she played to all my favorite passions, how did she know?



It started with the teacup that I so admired on her blog. It is beautiful and now it lives with me. It will be displayed in a special place and remind me of a start of a great friendship. I promise I won't break it to use for mosaics.
To top off the teacup a tin of Green Jasmine Tea(YUMMMY) wrapped in a beautiful crocheted green doily fringed with beads. OH MY!



Then appeared three vintage fabric bags made by Jodie and stuffed with wonderful things! They are so beautiful! These would be lovely to wrap gifts but...no such luck friends, I'm NOT parting with them.





The wonderful Lavender Oil, a Novel, Posies and so many pink and green embellishments galore!




Then the most amazing box, all crackled in green tied with a pink tulle bow and my initials on it. Tucked beside it a wonderful note, from above, secured with a beautiful vintage pin.

Vintage Tags with vintage women and horses WOW how does she do that.



Then a beautiful tag with a beaded cross attached, so thoughtful!



At the very bottom of the box a bundle of beautiful papers tied with a pink bow.
Now don't blink because...

they have patterns on both sides. I didn't even know such things existed (I need to get out more).



Now I have a little secret this is my 100th post. I have been thinking about how to make it special but nothing came to me...well it did literally all wrapped in green and pink. Thank you Jodie for making it so special. My blog has brought more things into my life than I could ever could have imagined 99 posts ago.



Now you must excuse me...I am going to hang my lavender sachet on the bathroom door and


indulge in a lavender bath with the most intriguing bath sponge (see I need to get off the farm more) snuggle up with my new novel and a cup of jasmine tea.

I have been smiling all day and I think my smiles will last for a long, long time every time I see one of the many beautiful, thoughtful pink and green gifts from my new friend Jodie.



THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
Free Signature GeneratorFree Signature Generator

6 comments:

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Awe Kelley, you are too sweet.

I enjoyed spoiling you with pink and green "supplies"...little did you know that it would be a pamper swap indeed! haha

I know you love horses and it is your passion...that is what inspired the medal I made on the card and the tags alike. Only in a vintage-y sort of way ;)

The beaded cross is a book mark for your Nora Roberts book...just slip it in. I am sure you can use it as a tag too...it can be whatever you want it to be! It's yours!

Thank you for all of your kind words. I so enjoyed this swap and I am so grateful to have met you.

Sweet smells of lavender...
everything vintage

♥Mimi♥ said...

What lovely pink-a-licious goodies this week. I could get lost in pink and never return☺ Beverly didn't know it but she made my day when she came up with this day to celebrate my favorite color!

Wishing you a Happy Pink Saturday and a wonderful weekend full of sunshine and l♥ve!

fairiemoon said...

Lucky, lucky swapper! What lovely pinks! They totally work for Pink Saturday!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Erin :)

http://www.fairiemoon.typepad.com/fairiemoon/

KayEllen said...

You really had a wonderful swap!
Beautiful treasures.

I tried this one time and my pal never sent me anything... :(

I haven't jumped in to try it again.

Maybe I will consult with you sweet Kelley when i decide to try again in the future:)

Have a wonderful weekend.

kayellen

Betty said...

You are one lucky gal! Happy Pink Saturday and congratulations on your 100th post.

Char said...

Oh my, you must have been a very good girl, or at the very least, a lucky one to have received such a wonderful gift. Happy Pink Saturday, Char

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails