Sunday, May 18, 2014

Thinking in Blog Posts

Where is a girl to start...
absent from blogging for so long.

Blogging really hasn't pulled at my heart strings
in a very long time..


I sometimes ponder WHY?

I have announced to those close to me
that I am no longer a Blogger.

They just roll their eyes and smile.
They know me too well.

They know something will spark the blogger in me.


Well the spark has happened!!!

I am finding myself "thinking" in blog posts.
So much excitement to see if I can capture my thoughts via my camera
Where is my camera???
Panic...my old friend has been sitting on the shelf for months.

I am getting ready to return 
to northern Michigan for the summer


IT HAS BEEN A YEAR AND A HALF
 SINCE I HAVE BEEN HOME



While I do have a house and a life in Florida...




IN FACT a wonderful life filled with 
4 generations within 25 miles of one another, but...

I Miss My Michigan!

The place where new foals are born 
every spring on our family farm.

Born 2/26/14

Born 3/5/14

Born 3/24/14

The place where the meadow
 comes alive as days get warmer.


The place where I watch Lake Michigan 
take on a new personality each day.



The place where the Fourth of July
 is celebrated with great enthusiasm.


The place where there is only a stop sign in our little town.

IT IS A MAGICAL PLACE!


The place where I discover so much
 that it inspires me TO blog.


I guess my muse for blogging
 is the great white north.

While there is beauty in Florida
 it rarely inspires me to blog.


So as butterflies dance in my tummy
I hope you stop by occasionally to say "Hi"
and to share in my excitement.

Wishing you Health and Happiness!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, joy! I'm happy you found your blogging spirit. Your life in FL is filled with your grandchildren. Of course you have more things going on that leave little time for blogging. Look forward to your magical posts.

June said...

I love it when you write about your home in Michigan. You just come alive and I can feel it!!!! I'm so glad to hear your going home and taking more amazing photos for us to love. I loved every photo in this post especially the little foals. sending hugs...

Cindy said...

So glad to see you're back. I always enjoy your lovely posts and pictures. I didn't know you went south. It must be a wonderful option, especially this past winter. I would miss the horses the most. You look like you live in a charming and beautiful area. Here in Ohio, we always have the most beautiful commercials about visiting Michigan. It looks like a magical place. I like your signs at the beginning, especially the one for Columbus, Ohio (where I live). Made me smile :)
Welcome back.
Cindy

a quiet life said...

where ever you are your beauty and creativity bounds, but it will just be nice to see more of it from you again~

happy trails to you!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

YOU ARE BACK! Kelly, it is really good to see you back! Your new foals are precious as can be. I wish you much inspiration in your blogging journey. I am on my 6th year and though I've cut back to posting only once a month, I am still active in visiting others. Have a wonderful summer! Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh to see your horses again....magic my dear Kelly! I thank you so much for coming to say hi, and I am sorry to hear you were ill for so long. I have just a glimpse of what that may be like, as I too was off balance and suffered from severe vertigo to almost 2 months. I am barely getting back on my feet! Do stay with us dear Kelly, you are important and your shares are always LOVELY! We need to uphold all that is beautiful in this world. HORSES and teacups....magic. HUGS! Anita

cippy said...

Hi Kelly...just found you today through A Quiet Life. So sorry to hear you've been I'll for so long, but happy to hear you are now on the other side of all that. I am looking forward to spending more time with you and your blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails