Monday, August 17, 2009

Good Bye, Horses and Good Buy

We all survived lots of FFF (forced family fun) this weekend, WHEW!

Time to get back to work and rest.


Foal-Pasture

Today at the farm will be a bittersweet day.
One of our all time favorite employees is leaving for "big girl school"

Kelsey is the one who always has a smile

never complains and

always does her best!


This evening we are having a little GOOD BYE cookout.
I wanted to make her something for her big adventure
Something that when she looks at it she will know that
we are missing her and she is always welcome to visit.


Mosaic-Memo-Plate


That something is a serving plate that I have embellished

and now it is a memo board for her dorm room
I am sure she will be writing little notes to herself about studying:)

Kelsey has seen this foal crop born and watched them grow up this summer.


Martina-and-Chocolate

It is hard to believe these girls will soon be leaving their moms'
and they like Kelsey will have to go to "big girl school"


Dot-and-Trick


"Dot" and "Trick are enjoying the lazy days of summer.
It's hard believe they are the youngest of the group.


Fun-Weekend-Find


To top things off my daughter and I went to a sale this weekend

and I was so proud of her for finding this little treasure

I have taught her well:)

It was a whooping $4.00!

Love a GOOD BUY!

Hope your summer is going well,

thanks for visiting!!!!

Enjoy!
Kelley

4 comments:

Tara said...

Beautiful pictures, which I've come to expect! Good luck to the school-bound Kelsey. Love the treasure your daughter found too!

June said...

I imagine that it is tough for Kelsey to say good-bye to all the foals she has helped care for and I'm sure they will miss her too. The platter will remind her of her great summer among the ponies.
Hugs,
June

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

I LOVE IT!!!! You have such a beautiful handwriting Kelley!!!! And the platter is so pretty with all of your perfect touches!!!
I'm sure you will miss her, she's done a wonderful job with the little ones! They will miss her too. Maybe she can come and visit on her time off between classes???
I'm sure you had her spoiled...she will certainly miss YOU too!
everything vintage

ps...hope you are feeling better and everything is back to normal...no more bug!

The Victorian Parlor said...

The platter for Kelsey is great! What a wonderful gift!

I can't get over how big the babies have grown-they are so beautiful!

BTW, love the sale find-your daughter has learned well:)!

Blessings,

Kim

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails