Saturday, January 7, 2017

What the World Needs Now Rocks Sweet Rocks

What????


What ever happened to Love Sweet Love???

After the last couple of weeks I dare say Love=Rocks.
Yep that's what I said.


A little history, early in December 
a little Face Book group was started called
MARTIN COUNTRY ROCKS.
Simple little idea where kids and adults paint 
plain old rocks and hide them all over town.
Today this little group has grown to over 7600 members.




My grandchildren were more than 
excited to paint rocks.  
WHAT???
They didn't want to play with the Barbie 
with the puppy that poops
 (You have got to be kidding me)



They wanted to paint rocks and then 
hide them for others to find.
My middle granddaughter is 3
 and asks her mother every day to 
"look at the rock page"




I told my husband about this exciting group...
there was a lack of excitement to say the least 
and absolutely no comprehension. 
 Well I have been shaming him everyday
 with little heart touching rock stories.







I too have gotten in on the fun.
I have been painting little treasures 
which are less than masterpieces 
but loving every minute of it.
Today I checked on the
"rock activity" and found 2 very sweet posts:





Ask my husband how he feels now.
So simple!
So pure!
So fun!

Wishing you an exciting 2017!
Health and Happiness.

Kelley

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I hope this spreads across the country. This is a precious idea. I loved reading the stories. Will share this with my friends who are still teaching. A perfect idea for an art teacher.

Happy New Year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails