Friday, January 22, 2010

Winter Gems

In winter it is a little more difficult to find the beauty that surrounds us.

In contrast to the other seasons winter is understated.

Frigid-Forest

This past week my favorite photo group on Flickr,

Shades of Inspiration, the theme is Winter Whites.

New themes always makes me look at the subject in a new light, I

find little surprises that I never knew that are literally in my backyard.

Winter-Meadow

This is my view looking from the back of my house towards Lake Michigan

I am “under the weather” with pneumonia so tromping about in the cold hasn’t been an option so I revisited winter photos that were taken in the past couple of weeks.  I did a little embellishing with Photoshop, something that doesn’t require a lot of energy.

Sunlight in the Pines copy

Here is to Mother Nature with her Winter Brushes!

Free-Falling 

Thanks for visiting, Stay warm and Enjoy your weekend!

Kelley

6 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Kelley sweetie...
I am so sorry to hear you are under the weather with pneumonia. Please take care of yourself. That can be really nasty to fight, been there, done that.

Love the photos sweetie. You have the best of both worlds. The horse world and the beautiful forest world. Looks like a forest anyway. Sure is beautiful. What a site to wake up to each day, and close your curtains to each night.

Have a beautiful Friday sweetie, and stay warm.

Country hugs and much love...Sherry

GwendolynKay said...

You have made winter look so elegant and beautiful in these pictures.
Blessings!
Gwen

Anonymous said...

I just love the pictures and what you do to them.

Willow

Julie said...

Enjoyed my visit! Great blog.

Julie
www.ridingaside.blogspot.com

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh my...again, such wonderful photos and elegance that I just love about you! How are your horses doing? How is that ZIP? I remembered now that I got his name wrong...I called him Nip and his pal Tuck....whoops! Bisous to you, Anita

Amisha said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous photos - I don't really have any words that I can think of other than gorgeous and stunning!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails