Friday, May 6, 2011

Feathering My Nest with Memories

Welcome to my southern Nest!

I have been busy with the thrill of being a grandma
and 
setting up house in a small beach house that we are renting. 



We rented the Nest unfurnished.

It didn't feel like a home
but
I had plans to feather it with wonderful memories.

The walls were waiting to be part of a family,
my family.





This Nest welcomed 50 years of memories.

My grandfather recently passed away leaving
many treasures of his life.

I brought those memories into my blank little beach house
and brought it to life.
A true Nest away from Home.



This painting welcomed me into his home
each time I visited.

The chair sat to the right of my grandfather's desk.

The bookshelves are filled with my grandmother's and grandfather's personalities.

I know many of
the  treasures I wouldn't have selected for myself,
but I think that makes them even more special.

This sofa hosted many naps,


Every time I walk into this room it makes me smile.


Many family stories were listened to while swinging on the porch.


Many meals were shared around this table.


We all have settled in and are enjoying
our little Nest.

Everything old is new again!

Enjoy!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Just beautiful, Kelley! You done a fabulous job giving it life ... yours.

Have a beautiful day ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

5-Day GIVEAWAY, pop over

Amy M in Indiana said...

wonderful!

La Table De Nana said...

Just like Jain:) What great treasures and memories..love the wide angle lens..is that what you used? The rooms look wonderful..Where is your sweet nest?

Congratulations Nana~

Lisa Gordon said...

This is just beautiful Kelley.
Gald you are settled in!

zandra said...

Living by the shore I just loved all your decor!
Hugz, Z

Sarah said...

Kelley, how perfect to have your grandparents things to fill your beach house. Looks like home. ~ sarah

Kay Ellen said...

I love it Kelley~~glad too see a new entry and catch up..
How exciting a baby coming? Congrats!
Your puppies look right at home too:))

xo
Kay Ellen

Christina said...

Hi,

I just have a quick question about your site. Would you mind emailing me back @ christinajohnson126@gmail.com when you get a chance?

Thanks,
Christina

Donna said...

Lovely home, thank you for commenting on my Flickr (eweandme). I followed you to your blog and I am now a follower. Gee it sounds like I'm a stalker! LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails