Sunday, September 11, 2016

They Must Know About This Day.

This morning I awoke to a beautiful day.
But most of us know this isn't any day...
It will be a day SEARED in our hearts and minds.

The bell rings for a moment of silence and....
IT IS DEAFENING.

For those who hear this silence will never forget.



But what about those that don't know the deafening silence?
Those that don't know our lives were changed forever?
Those who no longer say the Pledge of Allegiance
 before the public school day?


What about the children
that put their tiny hands on this FLAG?

One of those tiny hands is my
 eldest granddaughter
who is now 5 years old.
Last year in a private preschool 
she was allowed to pay tribute to our FLAG.
When asked if she says the
 Pledge of Allegiance this year in public school 
kindergarten her response was:
"No but we did in my old school".

My daughter asked me today
 "Am I supposed to teach my five
year old about September 11th.
My answer was a definite "yes".
Nothing to scare her little, 5 year old mind
 simply explain this day, each year,
is important to Americans
If we observe it each year,
 with every new year 
more understanding will develop.
I imagine when she is 15 years old we will think 
"this is the age my Mother was on 911"


I HOPE they will never experience 
the SILENCE of a day like this. 

But they must know about this day.

Kelley






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails