Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Harbor Island, Florida

Welcome to

Welcome to one of my favorite places on earth.

Bridge

You simply walk over a little bridge and you are in another world.

Guardian-of-Harbor-Island

A wise soul greets you and assures you that all is safe in this tiny paradise.

Keeper of the Fountain

You stop and listen and hear water dancing in a sweet little pond guarded by a cherub.

There are places to stop, sit and enjoy the quiet of the island.

Maiden Bench

This fair maiden has graced this bench ever since I started to visit.
Her patina is more beautiful as the years go by.

A-Moment-in-Time

A true beauty is hidden in the trees, a sweet girl that steals my heart.

A Beauty Regardless of Time

As you can see she has experienced some trauma but it doesn't take away from her beauty.

Fawn-Portrait

A small bronze fawn stands watch.

Crane over blue waters

In all my visits I have never encountered other visitors of the human kind.

Hiding Cardinal

Only the wildlife that is lucky enough to live here.

Old Florida

Time to leave this piece of old Florida,

Good-Bye-Harbor-Island

over the bridge and back to reality, only to hope another visit will be in my future soon.

Thanks for visiting, I hope you enjoyed your visit.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Tara said...

Neat pictures, it looks like a beautiful place to visit. Your newest baby on the farm is quite adorable! I hope he enjoys his reign as oldest sibling as long as it lasts!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Kelley dearest, your photos and the world that they portrait are breathtaking! You are gifted in the art of photography and storytelling! How is little 3D doing?

Have a love-filled day! Anita

Julie Harward said...

Hi Kelly...I am new to you, I just love your blog. You have such beautiful horses and I love all the pretty flowers, and love vintage also. I hope you'll come say hi and see if you'd like to be friends :D

GwendolynKay said...

Looks like a very lovely and peaceful place. Thanks for sharing your retreat.
blessings!
Gwen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails