Tuesday, March 16, 2010

You Can Have Your Cake

BUT...you can't eat it too.

I stopped baking years ago due to many failures.  I think baking rules are just too rigid for me. 



Making-Cakes


Well that is not going to stop me from having cake in the house, with zero calories no less. 
In the past I have made entire cakes out of mosaics but they are very time consuming.
I decided to do just the slices of a cake. 

Bunny-Love-Cake


Usually I "make" not bake in my studio but it doesn't have insulation and this time of year it is too chilly.
So I took over the kitchen in my endeavor. 
Instead of flour flying it was mastic.


Garden Mosaic Cake

 I thought the entire cake slice made out of mosaics was a little
boring so I decided a bit of mossy would be the "icing on the cake"  Sorry I couldn't resist.

Which Flavor of Mosaic Cake?

My husband just doesn't "GET IT"
Why make a cake you can't eat?????
It's just a "girl thing" I guess.

Enjoy!

12 comments:

Julie Harward said...

These are SO beautiful...you are an artist my dear! It must take awhile to make one! This is the kind of cake I should be eating instead of the real one sitting on my counter right now!!! Come say hi :D

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Oh Kelley, you are amazing! AMAZING! When I saw these on your flickr, I almost passed out...they are just toooooo pretty! of course ALL of your mosaics are gorgeous but this is so unique! I can't say I've ever seen such a thing, what a beautiful centerpiece/conversation piece!!!!
Love it!

Tara said...

Well now, you can hardly mess these up, all you have to do is let your creative juices flow and girl, you can CREATE! These cakes are gorgeous, i am very impressed! I wish they were edible. Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Kelley! THESE ARE BRILLIANT!!! I have never seen anything like this! Bravo to you! And yes, men don't want it if you can't eat it!!

Bisous, Anita

June said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them Kelley!!! Just so beautiful! The moss was a brilliant idea. I have only done one mosaic and it was about four years ago and I swear my hands are still healing.lol You are my hero!
hugs

Terri Gordon said...

Your cakes are so beautiful. Love them. Love your blog.

Betty said...

Those are gorgeous!! I love the "icing on the cake" too!
~❧❀*Happy First Day of Spring!!*❀❧

Anonymous said...

Your blog ..... it's amazing and soooo inspiring. Nice to find you!

A small footprint from Agneta & Sweden

Ps. I have an ongoing jewelry contest on my blog. Welcome! Ds

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

These are just exquisite! And yes, the moss is "the icing on the cake." It makes the colors POP!

The Rustic Victorian said...

Beautiful! Just Beautiful! I love the moss. Beautiful!
Marcie

a quiet life said...

ok i love sugar and cake, but i think i may even like this more... to say that is HUGE!!!! love love love this, you are brillantly creative!

Karen @ Mignardise said...

I was fortunate to find you on Jain's Food with Style.
LOVE your creativity - the cakes are amazing!
Anyone (well almost anyone) can make a chocolate cake, but these take some real talent.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails