Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cabin Fever

Cabin Fever

noun


Boredom, restlessness, or irritability that results from a lack of environmental stimulation, as from a prolonged stay in a remote, sparsely populated region or a confined indoor area.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

As a result of cabin fever I put together this collage and poem.


As I sit in the dead of winter, I dream of warmer days.

Green foliage serenading the magic of the forest.

Red roses without thorns providing a velvet blanket

for a new born foal with a gingham bow.

Simply A Few of My Favorite Things

Now you have the proof that I am suffering
from Cabin Fever.

Thanks for visiting and I hope the "fever" passes soon.


Enjoy!

9 comments:

Custom Comforts said...

Just beautiful and truly magical!!!
Cindy

Kim B said...

Just beautiful! I dont think you are alone with the cabin fever. Hope you have a nice day. Kim :)

Cameron said...

They are acoming....take heart in knowing that those warmer days will indeed return.... :)

Until then, bake something delicious and make yourself a gorgeous tea party for one...you're worth it :)

Privet and Holly said...

From cabin fever
springs great
creativity for
YOU, my friend!
I simply LOVE the
collage and how
you channeled your
longings into a
piece that is so
very charming!!
Happy Friday ~
warmer temps are
a coming!
xx Suzanne

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh dearest, I am with Suzanne here, for we are in the same state. Our cold has been BRUTAL especially this past week. I am with ya, and just on Sunday night, I saw the movie SECRETARIAT. It made me so happy. Let's hang in there...life will bloom again! AND YES, I believe that cabin fever stimulates creativity in us all. Many great artists and scientific minds have come out of the state where I am, and I wonder if it is because of the long, cold winters they spent LOCKED UP INSIDE!!!! MUCH LOVE, Anita

La Table De Nana said...

I love the creative collage..Very you..Good job!!

Julie Harward said...

Your cabin fever looks beautiful on you...very nice! :D

Julie Harward said...

Your cabin fever looks beautiful on you...very nice! :D

Zaa said...

Cabin Fever definately prompts us to get the itch and start creating ... but I must admit it's time for Spring and you've produced a sweet collage and poem....xoxox

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails