Monday, January 31, 2011

The Magic Returns!

Last night the Magic returned to the Farm.

 At 11:56 p.m. the first foal of 2011 was born.



little guy's big brother, "3-D"
Click here to read about it

Now I introduce you to "Stinky Dirty Levis" a.k.a "Stinky"

I am sure you are thinking what an awful name for such a sweet face.

I must admit that I had a nicer name picked out but then...


I met "Stinky"

I must defend myself a little bit concerning the name.
Traditionally horses are named with the parents names in mind.
The mare is "Dual Me Dirty"
The sire is "Smart Little Levi"
thus "Stinky Dirty Levis".

This foal told me who he is from the minute I walked into the stall.
(I have mostly retired from the actual foaling of the mares,
after 30 years it is nice to sleep through the night during foaling season)


He really didn't want his picture taken.
He was using his ears and tail to do his talking.
Ears back and tail swishing.
He wasn't scared in the least.


He actually wanted to give me a shot from this end.

So that nice little name I was thinking about 
 went out the window.

Regardless of this little "stinker's" attitude the fact that he is
here is truly magical. 
 A little miracle every time it happens.

So let the Magic continue!






Enjoy!


12 comments:

janis said...

Oh Hello and congrats Kelley!
And welcome to God's green earth "Stinky Dirty Levi". How precious & adorable! Im in love♥ I stumbled over to you from Julie @ The Harwards. I was blessed to be a part-time horse woman {or actually teenager} as I spent my summers with my Grandparents in Texas & they put me to work (thank goodness, I learned & appreciated them so much).
Anyway, today, I am just a wife, mother of 2 college daughters, & Mamma to 3 dogs & 3 cats.
I look forward to reading more of the magic at your farm♥

Julie Harward said...

Oh, I wish I was there to scratch that cute little butt and back...he is beautiful :D

Paint Girl said...

Stinky is adorable! I think the name is pretty darn cute!
We have 8 foals being born on the farm (at work) this year, I can't wait!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Ahhh....and the magic here at your blog has restarted, and I am so happy Kelly. That little stinker is learning VERY SOON how to "speak" with his ears, huh? YIKES! He is a pistol packin' little stud!

SO FUN and I love the little "coat" on the last photo...soooo cute!!! Anita

Custom Comforts said...

What a precious way to start the day and the month. Love your pictures and your new little guy ~ he is so adorable. What a blessing to be able to witness their births. Thank you so much for sharing.
Cindy

La Table De Nana said...

Oh my gosh..a miracle..I think all births are miracles..You have presented Stinky to us beautifully.Congratulations~

a quiet life said...

my kind of magic, all heightened with your creative lens~

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Kelly, THANK YOU for your visit yesterday! Oooooo! This little man knows about me? Does he know how much I love horsies? I so bug my husband to at least flip on a western or a movie with horses...since I am a city girl with a horse-jones, I gotta get the equine life in me somehow!!! BIG HUGS TO YOU ALL! Bisous, Anita

Lisa Gordon said...

Congratulations on the new little one Kelley!
Truly, truly precious!

P.S. I noticed your little Yorkie on you sidebar. I have 2 of them. sweet, sweet little ones!

June said...

Stinky is soooo stinkin' cute Kelley!!! Welcome to the new one!
hugs

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful event having the first foal, and I love the name. I was watching the movie Secretariat last night and kept thinking of you on your beautiful farm. What a treat to pop over to your blog and see the magic is happening again.

Privet and Holly said...

This IS
absolute magic.
What a miracle.
What beautiful,
beautiful pictures!!!
Loved this.
xx Suzanne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails