Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy Hello and A New Year

A New Year!

What will it bring?

One can never know.


I do know this past year has given me many gifts:

A granddaughter that brings me great joy.

The opportunity to become a "snowbird", living in Florida 5 months each year
 where my daughter, her husband, granddaughter, mom and dad reside.
 Four generations within 10 miles of each other.

The blessing of wonderful people that make that possible.
Thank you Jona and Joe

The friendship of so many
 within my actual community and 
 Bloggers from Everywhere in the World. 

This year I hope to revisit the friendships I have made by blogging.
  The past year I was "in and out" of blogging and it is not until recently that I realize that
 true friendships were made and I often  think about those that I "connected" with.


I must admit I was feeling that
"blogging"
 had changed so much in the past year that
 I could never return.

  I read about this blog or that blog and how many followers, advertisers and hits they have.
 If this is the new standard I am not a successful blogger.
Although I have realized we all blog for different reasons and the blog friendships I have made in the past 4 years
 are still blogging in the style that I started with.

I am stepping back into the "blogging ring"
 and I look forward to it. 
 I will not feel the pressure to "blog" unless it comes straight from my heart.


Happy New Year!

10 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

KELLEY!!!!!!! OOOOOOH MY GOODNESS, it is so good to see you again!! Your sweet little grand daughter here is so precious! I had seen your comment earlier during a very busy hour of my day, and I had wondered if it was YOU...with the HORSES! AND IT IS! Oh dearest, I have been blogging for four years now too. I so understand what you have said up above. We all have different reasons for blogging and it can be so overwhelming when we see so many ADS, GIVEAWAYS, and other things that are lovely, but for me, are not feasible with my busy school/teaching schedule. But I came to find that the friends that I have made are worth continuing to blog to be creative and share. I hope you continue my dear. I just remember how stunning your world has been to me, and I so missed you! Please blog regularly if you can and share your world with us!

Blessings of peace and goodness to you! Anita

a quiet life said...

what a little cutie, and how fun to be a snowbird with a purpose! glad to see you back, i adore your photography, you just draw us in with all your beauty :)

shoot me your email addy and i will share the book list with you, will be great fun if you can join in, if you love to read, we already know your pics are fantastic, you will love doing a visual book review, it just lets you be extra creative with others words :)

Sandy said...

Sweet sweet little one! I too have just returned to this crazy, heartfelt, loving, giving, special, learning, sharing world of blogging. ...Can we hold hands and take this trip together? It's always nice to have such special friends....so many that care...that give...that are there for you. I'm so happy to be back. Hope you will stop over and visit with me when you get a chance. Have a wonderful week! ttyl..xoso Sandy

Salt & Seahorses said...

So glad to see that you are back! That is one cute baby, love the picture in the middle! :)

June said...

oh Kelley, I'm so glad you wrote this!!! It is wonderful to see you back. Yes, we all blog for different reasons and that is part of what makes it such a great community here.
I like to think of my blog as a magazine that I can fill with things that I love, publish it, and then wait until I want to publish another one and decide when and what will be in the next issue, and people can read it or not, but it's there for me anyway.

Your little baby grand is the CUTEST!!!! What joy she must bring you all. Beautiful pictures of her too my friend!
FLORIDA!!!! I'm so jealous!
sending hugs...

La Table De Nana said...

She is soo cute..Such great joys..the greatest:) And how nice for you to be so close to all in Fl..I love that place:)

Kay Ellen said...

Hi Kelley!!
Happy New Year!

What a precious granddaughter you have~~!

Sounds like the entire family had a very busy and blessed year 2011 :)

Glad to see you back!
I was so tickled to see you stopped by this afternoon :))

Hugs,
Kay Ellen

Privet and Holly said...

Welcome back, Kelley!
Congrats on all of the
wonderful changes that
2011 brought your way.
As you can see, my blog
really hasn't changed. Not
sure where it is taking me,
but I'm having fun ~ and
making friends ~ along the
way. Wishing you a 2012
that is truly joy-FULL!

xx Suzanne

Betty said...

Happy New Year. I understand what you mean about blogging changing. So many people have left and others have had to go to advertising to make money.

Cindy said...

If you are blogging from the heart, then you are a successful blogger! And that photo of your grandchild is breathtaking!

Cindy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails