Sunday, January 15, 2012

Home Away from Home

Which way home?

Where is home?

I kinda feel like the cowardly lion in the Wizard of OZ...
I just cross my arms and say "that way"


In many ways all of these are home to me
(isn't this just the greatest sign, a Christmas gift from my daughter and her husband)

Each place has it own personality.

It's own "way of life"

I have found leaving Michigan for the winter, the first time ever,
is teaching me a whole new way of living in southern Florida. 


Instead of Muck Boots I wear Garden Clogs


When I look out my window I see Palm Trees
not Pine Trees


Instead of Hot Coco
I enjoy Succulent Tea


I've traded a Purple Nose
for Purple Flowers


The roses I enjoy are in my garden
not from the grocery store


I make a salad with Lettuce from my Garden
 not from a Bag


My Herbs are fresh not bottled

Farm Life is a bit different too!


Now I collect Kitten Paws not Barn Cats


Seahorses have replaced Quarter Horses

I raise Quarter Horses,
my daughter raises Sea Horses.

What a place to be!

I am enjoying every minute of my new Florida Lifestyle
but I must admit I miss Michigan with it own unique wonders

I want to say a special  "thank you"
 to all of the bloggers that visited me upon my
return to blogging. 
 I was thrilled that so many of you,
that I felt a special connection with,
stopped by to say "hi and welcome back"

WOW!
I wasn't forgotten and that means so much.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Betty said...

How I wished I was in a warm climate now. As I get older it seems I do not like the winter snows as much as I did when I was younger.

La Table De Nana said...

When we are in Fl..and there is a sign on our street so similar to your new beautiful gift:) We meet so many people from Michigan..:) walking the beach..
I love Fl also..

You can add some of those gorgeous smaller shells to your mosaics?:)

Meeha Meeha said...

everything looks heavenly! I especially love the glowing sea-horses.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails