Sunday, February 24, 2013

Time to Retreat

It is time for me to RETREAT.
I am having to put many things I love "on the back" shelf,
in hopes that in doing so will result in a
"better, and healthier, than ever" self.


One of the things I love is my little blog. 
I love all the friends I have made in "blogland".
I love sharing parts of my little world.
I love taking pictures. 
I love editing my pictures


But as so many of you know you can become
consumed  about what you are going to post.
You start seeing your world as a "blog post".


And so many of you know that takes a lot of time to 
"click"'
"edit"
"compose" 
pouf, poof, "proof"
and sometimes wonder if anyone really cares.




So for now along with 
travel
eating out at restaurants
entertaining
social commitments
shopping
walks on the beach 
and
 extensive blogging 
is being put on "hold".


I am going to try the
 "Readers Digest" version of blogging.




I plan to continue to share what I see behind the camera
but my pictures will have to "speak" for themselves for a while.

They say "a picture is worth a thousand words". 

As always thanks for your visit.
Wishing you much health and happiness.

Kelley 



8 comments:

Betty said...

I know what you mean. Will look forward to your pictures.

StasaLynn said...

We will miss your words - but so blessed to have your pictures.

Many prayers for your refreshment, healing and rejuvenation!

Country Gal said...

I always say let your photos tell the story ! Will miss your words and will look forward to your wonderful photos ! Take care !

La Table De Nana said...

Take care..:-)
It looks like you have been up to wonderful things.
Bravo.

Custom Comforts said...

I so understand what you mean. It is a lot of work and so often it feels like no one cares. And if you take a break from blogging, many people just disappear completely. I struggled with giving up blogging at the end of last year, but came up with a new format that takes the pressure off to always be coming up with something new. I use my own pictures when I can, but often just use beautiful photos from Pinterest and let them do the talking. I use as few words as possible because, honestly, who wants to or has the time to read a "wordy" blog of one with 30 pictures of the same thing.
Just to let you know, when you have time to post, I will be here waiting and reading.
Cindy

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Darling Kelley,

I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING! I am currently on a blog break from posting. BUT THIS I DO KNOW: as a wanna be writer, writers DO TEND to look at the world as a potential poem, essay, commentary of sorts. It is OK, but it is also normal to feel overwhelmed, which I feel at the moment.

I was so happy to see that a new post came up here, and I hope that you will trust the camera to inspire you. I will be here when it does. Anita

Cameron said...

I think your pictures have always spoken volumes!
...of course, you need to balance things the way you see fit...we're glad to have you here in whatever manner we can get you :)

wendy said...

I certainly do "hear ya" on many regards of this post. It seems everywhere I go I NEED TO TAKE MY CAMERA ...incase there is a blog story there.
I too....need to step back sometimes and just LIFE LIVE without the agenda of doing a blog about it.
I used to blog once a week...now it's almost once a month.
We'll still enjoy your pictures.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails