Saturday, March 1, 2008

WHY TEACUPS AND PONIES?

Have you ever heard a tea party for ponies? I haven't either but it does cast a rather amusing visual. The real story behind teacups and ponies is my passion for both. Actually the teacups are my muse when I am doing my mosaic work and the ponies are really Cutting Horses (more on that later) that my family raises. I am fortunate to be in charge of the "baby side" of our operation. Each spring we expect several new foals and I guess I would be known as a Horse Mid-wife. I am there for each birth to welcome a new little miracle into the world. Each and every time I am amazed when a foal stands shortly after being born and the search for mommy and her groceries. I hope to share the joy that both mosaics and horses give me. Welcome to my world.

1 comment:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Aren't baby horses the sweetest things ever? When my horse, Fairy Bell gave birth overnight, it was better than any Christmas morning when we went out to her stall that day and saw the new little foal.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails