Thursday, June 25, 2009

I'm Back with my Ex!

I have strayed from what I know,
what made me happy and what I was comfortable with.


I thought I would be happier with a younger, sleeker, more modern model.

I was dazzled by infatuation...the newness of it all

and Free Shipping????


In January I left my always faithful and always dependable companion.




It was a little awkward at first

but I thought I just needed more time to adjust to my new friend.


I really tried, I really, really did but...

Today I had to compromise my new relationship
and revisit my Ex.





Oh it was heavenly!

The earth came alive like knew it could.

At every turn I had to smile!

I have recaptured my love affair with the camera!!!


I have been so discouraged lately with my photographs


I bought books to help me improve

I reread my camera manual again and again

I went online to find out what was going on...


Well. just like Dorothy, I had the power all the time.

It was sitting quietly waiting for me to realize what a fine relationship we had.
It was easy, effortless just so comfortable.


Flowers-Galore
I am thrilled to be back with my old camera to capture all the wonder and beauty around me without disappointment.

Thank you old friend, happy to be back!

Free Signature GeneratorFree Signature Generator

5 comments:

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Discouraged with your photos? Girl, your photos have always been beautiful...whatcha talkin' about?

I think almost every comment I leave I brag to you about your photos!!!

Whew...I have to say you did scare me at first about hooking up with your ex again. In this case, it's a good thing! haha

However...would you tip me the name of that sleeker, more modern model??? I just want to make sure that I don't cross that path and make the same mistake you did!
(once I leave my ex...IT won't take me back)

;)
everything vintage

ps...your photos are gorgeous! (see, I said it again!)

RobinfromCA said...

Hee, hee! You had me going for a minute too. When I upgraded my camera a year ago I never looked back. Sometimes matches are made in heaven when you're lucky enough to find them!

Sherry said...

Your photos are beautiful!!

Sherry

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

Hmmmmm...I thought I was the only one! I just haaaaaad to have a newer, smaller, compact camera, which is fine when I'm on the go...it is easier to take along. But when I'm home, I always reach for the larger one. I guess bigger is better. ;)

Beautiful photos of beautiful flowers!

Unknown said...

I just had to comment on this. (hee hee) Not what I was expecting when I read the headline but it was so cleverly captivating I had to read the article! The photos are lovely so whatever you are doing, it seems to be working.

Cheers! =D
~Kitty Kellie
The Artful Paper Doll

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails