Monday, October 12, 2009

There Is No Place Like Home


No-Place-Like-HomeThere
There is no place like home.
After a couple of weeks of travel I GET TO STAY HOME
YEAH!
I do love going on the road to show the horses

It truly is a mind vacation...in the show world

the horses always come first

the news of the world can wait.




Our stay at the Quarter Horse Congress was very successful
but unfortunately not in the show ring.
We were just out of making the finals a couple of times by just a point.
But...after 15 years of showing I know SUCCESS isn't always about WINNING!
IT IS ABOUT:

the relationship between you and your horse


the HEART your horse gives to you


the friendships we have enjoyed for years



and watching the little ones grow up to be fierce competitors


a change of pace

watching the foals that were born on our farm show for the first time

the THRILL of competition!!!


Home-Fires-Burning


SO home I am, I look forward to catching up with everyone that
left me a message of GOOD LUCK and safe travel

I can't wait to see what has been happening in your world!

See Ya Soon!!!

Enjoy!

6 comments:

blushing rose said...

Congrats! Kelley on enjoying your trip & showing the horses. You are so right about the 'winning...' glad you are back.

Have a warm crisp autumn day ... TTFN ~Marydon

Anonymous said...

Its good that you enjoy the trip and I just love that horse shoe.

Willow

Tara said...

Great post! Some people are all about the win. I think it makes life so much more enjoyable if you love the journey just as much! Welcome home!

Paint Girl said...

Sounds like you had a great time! And you are so right, it isn't about how much you win! Good times!

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Welcome home Kelley!
I'm glad you enjoyed the show and you're right, it's not at all about the winning....YOU are always a winner in my book!
;)
everything vintage

Anonymous said...

Hey cowgirl! I love it! I soo miss the rodeos and horse shows from living in Oklahoma. Looks like you had fun and even though you didnt win its all like you said its about the "family" of the event! LOVE LOVE the horseshoe. I am going to have to get you to make me one! Maybe we can do a swap! hehe that would be fun Ive never altered a horseshoe before! Email me if ya wanna take me up on the offer! Off to read more blogs! hugs

toodles-
Sarah

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails