Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Spring Spell

I am under a spell!

Spring-Green

A beautiful magical spell!

A rebirth of friends that I grow closer to every year.

Spring-Blossoms

The hedge that surrounds the Kellio and welcomes at least one new birdie family each year.


The ferns that have a history
I fell in love with ferns in the woods at my Grandmother's just outside her house
My Mother transplanted many of these ferns to her home and
when I returned to live in Michigan over 20 years ago I transplanted ferns from her garden
then I moved to Northern Michigan and couldn't bear to be without my fern friends
so the I transplanted  about a dozen to my new home.
When I look at them a see the many generations of my life.

Pink-Spring

The explosion of the crabapple tree that shows off her beauty a little more each year.

Popping-Purple



Perfectly-Painted-Purple

The royal purple posies that are the first to arrive each year to announce the rites of spring!

Resident-Chippy

I even welcome this pesky little fellow he provides tons of entertainment playing
Hide and Seek ...



wtih my BFF, Cutter, the best worst dog in the world.  

There are more celebrations to come and this girl is READY!

Thanks for visiting, wishing you a wonderful week!

Enjoy!

10 comments:

Julie Harward said...

WOW...such beautiful photo's! Love that cute dog face and the mare does look ready! Thanks for sharing all the beauty here and your thoughts and feelings. Come say hi :D

Sarah said...

Thanks for taking us along. You live in the most beautiful place. :-)

Privet and Holly said...

Kelly, I am celebrating finding YOU and your beautiful world and blog! You take magical pictures and your subject matter: divine!!! xx P&H

Amy M in Indiana said...

My Mom has some of those ferns, too! They are so huge at that house in Goshen! I took a transplant at the same time Mom did, but mine didn't survive --maybe someday I'll get another transplant from her!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Beautiful images and sentiment. And Cutter is so adorable!
Yvonne

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

LIFE IS BURGEONING CHEZ TOI, KELLY!

Everything is marvelous. AND THAT GORGEOUS horse, she is ready any day now! Thank you always, for the tea and the ponies, two things I love so! Anita

Karen Gladys Henry said...

Ah, so many lovely Spring things to be enthralled with! I love my ferns too. One of my friends threw out a bag-full several years ago, and I rescued them. They now have spread all over my place, which is exactly what I wanted.

La Petite Gallery said...

I am in love with that dogs face.
I want that dog..I took my dog for his walk and the air smells of appleblossoms, Lilac, Laural
It's a smell of fresh cut grass.
God is Good!!

yvonne

Unknown said...

And now I have fallen under your spell as well. Glorious pictures!!!
hugs

The Victorian Parlor said...

Your flowers are beautiful and your furry friend is adorable:). I can't wait to see pictures of the new arrival!

Blessings,

Kim

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails