Saturday, May 1, 2010

I Have A Dark Side

I have a DARK side.


I am a girly girl.

I am rarely out of jeans, boots and leather gloves.

A baseball cap is my best hairdo.

So when people step into my house they are pretty sure they have the wrong address.

This girly girl would never paint all her walls black.

My Dark Side
She would never have such a formal foyer.

Well the good news it pretty much ends there.

And truth be told most of the furniture and accessories are second hand.

But a little black paint and faux marble makes it look so serious
.
Welcome

When we moved into this house all the walls were white, not a chippy romantic white, a bright hospital white where surgery would have been possible. I guess the black is a bit of a rebellion, perhaps I went a little overboard in to other direction. Although I have never regretted it.

I laugh because my house is so much like my personality, at first I am rather reserved and careful

But the longer you get to know me, the crazy me and the very unconventional me shows up

Walk thru my house and as you get to the more personal rooms you see the silly unconventional me . My favorite pieces in the house tell a story and have had lives before living with me ( this is what Mr. Mars call DPS-Dead People Stuff) Almost all the furniture has been autographed by at least one dog. Most of the flat surfaces have at least one project started.

I try to be proper but it hardly ever works. It’s kinda like the joke about the little kid that says “nobody told not to shave the kitty”

Filly-in-Foyer

Well no one told me not to bring the foals in the house. This little filly stopped by looking for her new name which so many of you have left suggestions. I plan to post all the names on Monday, I hope you stop by to vote and the winner will win a special little gift from me and the filly.

Peaceful

Have a PEACEFUL WEEKEND!


Enjoy!

10 comments:

Julie Harward said...

LOL...I love what you have done in the foyer, it's so striking and beautiful! Love that horse statue so much too! We my dear sister are a lot alike! I have always wore boots, even to church (before they were in) and got funny looks from the ladies. I am slightly reserved as I meet someone but then when I feel more comfortable by wacky, craziness comes out..I call it the fun side of me! I hate white walls...all the walls in my house are milk chocolate brown and then I have brought in persimmon, orange, red, yellows, blues, deep garnet red...I have pictures I love all over and chickens too.
I was raised on a farm and I think that life made me strong and all the beauty of it has stayed in my heart. My sister is a horse owner and trainer and she once brought a tiny foal into her house and cared for it til it was well and on it's feet. I am excited to know what the name will be...Come say hi :D

kayellen said...

Oh my goodness~~I love this Kelley~~
Also love the black entry and foyer:)

Sweet baby on your rug~~priceless!
Happy May Day:)))

xoxo
Kay Ellen

Anonymous said...

your home is GORGEOUS...and I especially love the photo of the new baby! Can't wait to see what the new name will be. I hope your weather "up north" is better than here today! :)

Anonymous said...

OMGosh! Those last two pictures are so wonderful. The yet-to-be-named foal looks so right yet so funny lounging in the entryway. And the last picture of Mama and baby are almost too pretty to be real. Looking forward to learning her name :)

Betty said...

I just love how you have done your home. It looks just beautiful. My Daughter would totally agree, she loves black.

Willow

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OMG. This is fun to see the inside of your home. You have done a marvelous job and it looks like a wonderful furniture store!!! AND THAT LITTLE HORSIE SITTING THERE! HEEE....I swear I wish I could have one and let it in the house! Iwas just about to ask if you have found a name, but I shall wait for Monday to see what she will be called. Oh dear, she is so darn cute.

Have a great Sunday! Anita

Anonymous said...

LUCKY!!! Wish I had a filly in my foyer. With a face like that who could say no. Did she get a biscuit and a cup of tea, seeing she is sitting so pretty in your GORGEOUS foyer, or did you invite her to the kitchen table?

What a great post, you are an amazing gal!

June said...

Kelley, I knew your house would be beautiful. What a lovely entry. Not everyone gets to have a foal hang out at the front door.lol I look forward to finding out her name.
hugs

Joanne Kennedy said...

OMG! I love that picture of your horse in your house. You should use that as your header picture. I've never seen anything like it. You must send it in to a magazine.

Hugs,
Joanne

parTea lady said...

Your foyer decor is gorgeous. I love the black & white and faux marble. That last picture is amazing - can't believe the depth and color and how you added the horses.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails