Friday, February 3, 2012

The Weight Watchers Wagon

 I am on Weight Watchers once again.


I have done the program twice before:
Ten years ago, with wonderful success.
Three years ago I tried WW online, not so much success.

The years are creeping up on me,
 which I don't mind
but the years bring along their friend,
weight gain.

Arrrrgggghhhhhh!
Phooey!
Oh Poop!

Well I am trying to get rid those
"tag alongs" by joining WW once again.

I realized I need to attend  the meetings to succeed and
it is working!

Now I must admit I am not cruising along without some issues.

There are moments that I dream about
 a Blue Cheese Hamburger
with mayo, ketchup and onions.

My attitude needs adjustment once in a while.
As I adjust my attitude I am trying to find things
 to eat that fit the program AND I like.

Today I felt I was falling off the wagon,
I wanted something that I like alot.
I wanted something filling
and I wanted something under 6 pts.
Not an easy trick but I think I succeeded.

I remembered an old "dip" recipe that I love,
I just adjusted a few ingredients to make it WW friendly.


Faux Crab Lettuce Wraps
(OK, I know it's called imitation crab but I like the sound of this better)

The star of the is show is faux crab (imitation crab)
Dice the Crab into small pieces

Add:
The supporting characters

4 TB. Light Sour Cream
2 TB. Light Mayo
1 tsp. Horseradish (squeezed dry)
3 scallions
1/2 packet of Splenda
Just throw all those together and top it with sliced tomato and
you have a 4 point Lunch...
WAIT it gets better...
You get 2 Lettuce wraps for 4 points.

I can't believe I am talking about points,
OK, I might be a food obsessed at this point
but I'm going to
"keep on keeping on."


Enjoy!

3 comments:

Privet and Holly said...

Love the last card,
especially!!!

Sounds like you
are well on your way.
Mind-set is probably
85% of the battle!

Off to read about
your foal!

Happy Sunday,
xx Suzanne

Lisa Gordon said...

Love this post Kelley!
Weight Watchers does have the best reputation for doing it, and most importantly doing it right.

Cameron said...

I'd be Dolly Parton if cake went to the boobs *sigh*

Good for you taking control of something your not happy with....we are the makers of our own destiny....and our lunches ;P

Best wishes for success!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails