Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The First Foal of 2012


This day only happens one day a year.

It is filled with anticipation.
It is a day that welcomes a new life into the world.

The First Foal of 2012 has been born!


A Filly!

A full sister to Stinky Dirty Levis,
 first foal of
2011.



A full sister to Dirty Double Down,
 first foal of 2010.


I missed this day for the first time in 20 years.

I must admit it pulls at my heart strings not to be there.

This year I have traded Foals for a Granddaughter,


 A little filly herself.


As I get IPhone pictures of the new arrival
I rest assured all is well.

Some people have Fairy God Mothers.

I have a Fairy Farm Manager that makes all this possible.


All reports say that this little filly is no different than her brothers.
FILLED WITH ATTITUDE!


This filly has yet to be named.
Her Mama is Dual Me Dirty
 Her daddy,
 Smart Little Levi.


The name has to be extra special this year.

We lost Smart Little Levi this past August, so this will be his last foal crop.

So I celebrate this day with a touch of a heavy heart.


This little life completes the circle of life.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

kate said...

Great post, love the photos and the love that inspires them...best to you and your growing family
kate

Sandy said...

Be still my heart! What a true blessing this newest baby is bringing you. Sweetness and love...tenderness and happiness...babies bring such a pure joy. Have a creative day... xoso Sandy

Salt & Seahorses said...

LOVE this post! FB is buzzing with new names for this little filly! And thats one cute baby! :)

Lisa Gordon said...

Kelley, she is beautiful!

Cameron said...

Gorgeous girls, both, your granddaughter and the filly!

I love how all the offspring share white stripes down their faces. Can't wait to hear what you name her :)

Privet and Holly said...

Beautiful, beautiful
animals, each one.
So sad about losing
the daddy, though.
Lovely circle, indeed....

xx Suzanne

Lisa Gordon said...

Congratulations on that beautiful new Grandbaby Kelley!

I am so sorry about your horse, but it looks like you have a wonderful new memory of him.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails