Monday, September 9, 2013

Good for the Heart times two

The longer I am absent from "blogging" 
the harder it is to think of something to post.
I find that when I visit other blogs they are so:

beautiful...


(moon flower from my garden, 
one of the few plants that has survived the hot Florida summer)

glamorous...
cute...
a DIY showcase...

then I think of something to post and 
I feel that it can't possibly live up to such 
high expectations.

Ohhhhh the pressure:):):)



Then I remember a little promise I made
 to myself about a year ago
That I would only blog from the heart,
 not to try to measure up to other blogs.
I will post  happy, silly, sad, creative 
just because it makes me happy.


 Yep, good for the heart and straight from the heart.

Today I discovered something 
else that is good for the heart. 

this concoction...

Overnight Oatmeal


disclaimer...I "pinned" this from Pinterest a while ago,
 finally got around to making it last night and then...
(dramatic music please)
 the reality of eating it...simply put 
I was dreading it. 

OH GOOD NEWS...I loved it!
Bells and whistles please.

This post...
 is not witty,
it is not glamorous,
hardly talented 
perhaps a little informative 
but A Lot of YUMMY
 and good for you and your heart.

Wishing you Health and Happiness!
Kelley


3 comments:

Sarah said...

Kelley, good to see you post. I've missed you!
Love oatmeal, so will give this a try.

Betty said...

The babies are so cute. The oatmeal recipe sounds good thanks for sharing.

a quiet life said...

hi kelly, thanks for stopping by, i have been online less and less, but its so nice to get a visit, thank you for commenting.

before i forget you asked about my dishes, almost everything i own seems to come from homegoods, right price and style makes in my favorite haunt. the dishes you asked about are called coastal life blue by 222 fifth coastal life. i see them on ebay and amazon has the brighter shade with red.

i agree with you about blogging, i blog for me, things that make me happy, mot trying to live up to anything, place or person, i just want a creative outlet here and there if i feel like sharing books, food or pets. i even keep a beach diary, which is for no one but me, its dull as wet paint, but i will enjoy it one day looking back at all the little things i so loved while staying at sea dream. keep doing what makes you smile, and if its tasty oatmeal with darling babies, so be it!

ps, that oatmeal looks fab with yougurt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails