Sunday, March 1, 2009

Orchids Everywhere



First I must tell you I dedicate this post to my Mother, if not for she I wouldn't know a thing about Orchids (not that I know much now). Having just returned from Florida I swear every time I turn around I see more orchids. Would I notice so many if my Mom wasn't obsessed with them, I don't think so, but since she is and every time I see one I think of her which is a good thing.

Here goes my orchid tour... Growing in my mom's yard rooted onto a Palm Tree
I think it does a great Leopard imitation.

Another Beauty from the yard hosted by a palm tree



Orchid favors for everyone at my Grandfather's 99th birthday.









Close up of foyer flowers









Mother Nature at her best, this trio shows up every year



These say "hello" and "good-bye" at the Breakers Hotel

I am sorry to say I don't know the names of all these beauties but I do know that Florida (or my mother) wouldn't be the same without them.

Enjoy,

Kelley

3 comments:

The Victorian Parlor said...

Wow! Those are absolutely beautiful! I especially like the leopard looking one. Thanks for sharing these beauties with us:)

Cyth said...

I just received a beautiful orchid-phaelenopsis , I believe, for my birthday. I've always been awed by them , but they just seem so high maintenance , though I've been told that it isn't necessarily so. So I'm going to give it a try ( fingers crossed). Maybe your Mom has a hint for a newbie orchid grower. Your photos are beautiful. It takes a snow-mad Northerner away to brighter places just to look at the photos. AAAAHHHHH !

Four Paws and Co said...

They're all so beautiful & they live on the palm tree! Wow! ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails