Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Somewhere over the Rainbow

This week the Shades of Inspiration Flickr group assignment is rainbow colors. I was telling my husband our assignment and he said " you live in the wrong part of the country for that" well... I have found a few rainbows looking for me here in the Very Cold wintry north. Although I must admit I am looking forward to a few more, yesterday we awoke to -18 degrees. Brrrrrr...and then our barn ran out of propane (yes, I did pay the bill), again Brrrrrr...do you know your fingers don't work very well when your office is 40 degrees but it is just too hard to type with gloves on.



Rainbow drops that hang from a recessed light above my desk



This is my very favorite painting in our house, a watercolor by M. Longthorne




It is almost like I knew Rainbows where on the horizon because I took these pictures last week while in Florida. These plates called my name while I was in Pier One and the Rooster well he was just to cute to leave behind.




Thanks for visiting I am off in search of RAINBOWS!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully colorful!!! I adore your exquisite light fixture above your desk!!!!

The Victorian Parlor said...

The rainbow pics are great! I love the light fixture-that is just grand!

Brrrr...-18 degrees! Yikes! Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

How cute!!!

smiles,
K

Four Paws and Co said...

Beautiful! ♥ Diane

Cathy said...

Kelly,

I think your rainbow crystals are stunning. What a beautiful idea.

Love it!

Cath

Anonymous said...

DEAR KELLY,
I HAVE SOME EARLY MORNING TIME SO I AM BACK SO I CAN READ YOUR BLOG.
HOW BEAUTIFUL. I LOVE THE LAMP OVER YOUR DESK...THAT IS BEAUTIFUL...I CAN JUST SEE THAT DANCING IN THE SUN LIGHT AND I LOVE YOUR BEDROOM WITH THE PLATES...GORGEOUS....
I LOVE EVERYTHING YOU HAVE SHOWN AND I ESPECIALLY LOVE THE ROOSTER LOOKING THROUGH THE FLOWERS....SO PRETTY...YOU ARE VERY TALENTED.
BLESSINGS
debbie

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Love you site.
I have to, have to, have to know about the raindrop lights.
Did you make them?
Terri
www.davincisclassroom.wordpress.com

Suzanne MacCrone Rogers • Italian Girl in Georgia™ said...

Such a lovely blog. I think the rainbow crystals hanging from and concealing the recessed light is fabulous. Wonderful design idea, if I may say so myself!

Ciao,

Suzanne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails