Thursday, May 31, 2012

The More Things Change the More They Stay the Same?

As of this year I split my time between Michigan and Florida.

Two very different worlds

yet very similar...

Currently I am longing for my Michigan


Hopefully very soon I will return.

I try to think what I miss most
 and find that my two worlds are not that very different.

I miss the morning path at the farm.


I leave... my morning path to the beach.


I miss my beautiful gardens.


I miss my pink roses.


However, in Florida I leave... 
 pink abounding all around me.









I miss the Kellio.


I leave... a starlit pergola.


 I miss... the magic of Lake Michigan.


I leave... my morning walk on the beach
 where everyday I discover magical treasures.


I miss all the baby horses
 that have been part of my life for the last 20 years.


I leave... my grand baby
 that I pray will be part of my life for multitudes of 20 years.


I leave... a new world, to me,
  of baby seahorses raised by daughter and her husband.


I leave...Seahorse Nurseries.


I leave...being a guest blogger


I really miss my friends in Michigan.

I leave... many new friendships in our new neighborhood.

I have gained new appreciation
 for everything in both worlds.

I also have gained new appreciation
 for those of you who are part of my BLOG world.

I left for a while...

and now I am back with greater appreciation
 for you who visit and share your world with me.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

June said...

I loved this post Kelley! You really are a blessed girl and I love that you know it. We are certainly happy you are back!!!

I loved your cute little baby horses.
sending hugs...

Cameron said...

Looks like you have an idyllic blend of 2 wonderful worlds! :)

Beach House Living said...

You get to go back to your wonderful horses right? I always enjoyed your stories and photos of them.

Sarah said...

Kelley, this is a lovely post. It's difficult to be torn between two wonderful places. I'm much the same when we travel. I love the adventure of experiencing new places, but I love being at home with the comfort of my friends and cozy home.
Thanks for sharing these beautiful thoughts.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

KELLEY!!!!!! YOU ARE BACK! Oh dearest, thank you for coming to see me! My goodness, I had not seen you in so long, but now, I must catch up with you to see what is going on! THANK YOU for coming and I wish you the best of NEW ADVENTURES are you go out to new pastures....those horses my dear, they are splendid and raising SEA HORSES??? Now that is creative and unheard of in my world!

Lovely gardens and scenery here. Do come by next week if you can to visit PARIS via many blogger friends!! Anita

Mary Bergfeld said...

Welcome back! I loved your post today. The photos are really lovely. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Marijke van Ooijen said...

Hay...

Your blog is so lovely.
I will follow you..
Please take a look into my world.

Love from Marijke
www.marijkevanooijen.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails