Friday, July 25, 2008

The Real Value of Gold



This week I have been playing with my camera taking photos for shades of inspiration and this week the color is GOLD! Such a valuable color, we have all heard about the price of gold going higher and higher. So I started looking for anything gold to have the very amateur photographer (ME) take a pic of it.
A sweet angel box my mother gave me

I understand the function of "real" gold in our economy . What does "real" gold represent, often it is made into beautiful gold jewelry which usually is given with great love and meaning. It also can represent wealth and security. However most of our pocket books can't justify 24 karat gold so other metals and paints are wonderful substitutes, however the actual monetary value is much lower than gold.

A birthday gift from a favorite friend

Through the process of gold hunting in my house I found that I have a few real gold pieces and many not so real gold pieces. As I photographed each piece it told me a story and often took me down memory lane. I found the real value of gold is a great story teller, a tangible item of times and loved ones here and gone. I leave you with some of my greatest treasures. As they say (who are they, oh that's a whole other post) PRICELESS.!

This was my grandmother's, truly a treasured piece


Buttons from a outfit I just loved but it has out lived it's fashion life, the HUGE SHOULDER PADS and HUGE LAPELS just don't cut it anymore but I can still remember how great I felt when I wore it just by keeping the buttons.

This little froggie jumped into my life on my last birthday, I guarantee he is here to stay


This silly little vintage brooch caught my eye because I used to have a Russian Wolfhound, a tiny little reminder of a giant silly dog



Please check back next week I have a couple of fun summer projects to share with you and I am finishing a couple of Mosaic Cakes over the weekend and will be putting them in my esty shop. Have a great weekend!!!!






Kelley

5 comments:

Lana Manis said...

Thanks for sharing some of your GOLDen memories. I love the gift from a favorite friend... and your grnadmother's locket is wonderful!

Suzanne said...

Hi Kelley, you have some beautiful pieces, and memories to go along with them. Thanks for stopping by...I love your art! I'm sure the cakes you are making will be scrumptious!

Joanne Kennedy said...

How pretty! I just adore the one from your grandmother. What a real treasure that is.

Hugs,
Joanne

Cindy said...

Kelley,
So very pretty and sweet!

c

On The Way... said...

The locket I adore but the buttons are my favorite...have I ever seen you in the jacket? Glad you had the foresight to keep the buttons-what a tangible and beautiful reminder of days gone by. Thanks for sharing!

Love, Patty

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails